Should I or shouldn't I...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Katheros, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

So I'm staring down a bottle of castor oil and OJ, debating whether or not to try it. I really want to avoid another pit drip with this one. Damn my cervix of steel!!

2. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

how about nipple stim, sex, walking, eggplant or pineapple? If nothing else it will TASTE better than castor oil!

3. Katheros

Castor oil is definitely my last resort of things that might actually work.

4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Spicy food???

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm with Amy. I'd rather be in the bedroom than sitting on the toilet. :)

6. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

Don't do it!! I know it may work for some but I've seen it just make moms miserable and on the pot. That the way you wanna do this?

7. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Stairs...do stairs!

8. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Soooo, my first question would be why do they want to induce you??

Otherwise, lots of good advice here. You could also ask your doc about blue or black cohosh or evening primrose oil, although this is more a midwifery approach than an obstetrical one. I wouldn't recommend using any of them without supervision of a trained care provider though.

9. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

That black cohash sent me in to the ER with contractions 2x and no baby!! On my 5th kid :shok: no less. I felt like an idiot!! I thought for sure it would do the trick. In the end, good ole fashion loving :wub: got JoJo out.

10. miss_bossy18

Sperm is the best natural prostaglandin out there. Add in some nipple stim & sex is usually pretty effective. ;) Ina May Gaskin always says it takes lovin' to get the baby in & lovin' to get the baby out. :laughing:

11. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I know at about the 39 week mark I was setting the treadmill for a steep incline and walking for awhile. Turns out he wasn't ready. He came out at 40+1. I would not do the caster oil.

12. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

What did you decide to do?

1 person likes this.
  13. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

Hope baby decides to make his/her entrance on their own. I never got to test my cervix of steel because apparently my uterus is too roomy and my babies like to be transverse!

14. Katheros

Still nothing going on. I think I just have to accept that my body makes really healthy babies, but has no idea how to get them out on its own! :lol: I am scheduled to be induced on Wednesday but I'm not really happy about it, so I may change my mind. Still crossing my fingers that he'll decide to come before then, but it's not looking good.

15. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Girl- I came on here to read your birth story not your how to get him out question. LOL!!

16. Katheros

I could just make one up if you want!

17. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Do you have a dog? You need to take an extra long walk today.

18. miss_bossy18

:hug: It's a tough decision! *Fingers crossed* babe decides to come today. Just think, either way, it won't be long till he's here! :wub: Because induction or not, he will come out on his own at some point. ;)

19. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

LOL!!! I will just wait! But anxiously!!

20. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Castor oil put me into labor within 2 hours with this one! For real and I didn't have any problems w/ it. WAY too many horror stories. It doesn't taste that bad and I had diarrhea once. Kid was here within 4 hours!