Awesome dollhouses?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Heathermomof5, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My girls want a dollhouse but I don't know which one to get! What kind do your kids have?

2. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Does she want big or smaller dolls? If she's into Barbies etc I'd get a kidkraft one, otherwise the fisher price loving family dollhouse.

1 person likes this.
  3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but I think this is the most awesome dollhouse ever. ;)

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Probably the FP one would be better?? They like the little dolls better - the barbies around here are nudists who don't own anything LOL!!

That I what I would pick too!! Lol!!!

5. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Have you seen the kidcraft ones at Costco? They are pricier but huge and good for 2 kids playing at once. Also, they come with furniture which I think with some other houses you have to buy separately.

ttp://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11325567&whse=BC&topnav=&cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-categorypageHorizontalTop-_-PopularProductsInCategory&cm_vb=categorypageHorizontalTop%7CPopularProductsInCategory

1 person likes this.
  6. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

For Christmas this year, we are giving the FP My first Dollhouse to our girls. (Ordered another set of people so there will be two babies, and bought an extra set of baby furniture too) When they are older, I'm looking into the Playmobil ones. They look cool! Plus there are other buildings you can add... a school, hospital, pet hospital, zoo, etc.

7. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I want to buy my girls a dollhouse so badly! When are they age-appropriate?

8. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

You can buy my first dollhouse from fisher price pretty much around 2. My kids were never really into it though.

9. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

I got the fisher price my first dollhouse for my daughter when she was 21 mos. It's been one of her favorite toys ever since. It's a decent size even now, and it's really sturdy and well made. We gave it to her on Christmas day and then we told them they could pick one (small) toy to bring to Grandma's. It was amusing watching her try to lift the house up from the pink roof to carry it with her. I think she settled for one of the dolls it came with. Anyway, they play with it all the time still. I plan to get her a bigger one for her 4th birthday this year (which is why I'm watching this thread!).