Exchanging gifts between twins

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by bekkiz, Aug 25, 2011.

1. bekkiz

bekkiz Well-Known Member

At what age should we start letting the boys choose birthday gifts for each other? I'm just wondering when they "get" that the present they pick isn't for them, but to give away. Or even be able to keep it a secret :)

2. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

You know, it's a good question, to be honest when we were growing up we never gave presents to each other.

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I started last year-so 3. I love it-and they LOVE looking for presents for family members! I can't wait to take them again! They got scarves for grandma's...warm socks for my mom...a pan for their aunt. They got me a small juicer and salad spinner for my birthday! :wub:

1 person likes this.
  4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to be able to do this for Christmas, so close to 4y. I know that last Christmas and their birthday they just weren't ready.

5. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

We started at their third birthday. My DH took one back to the toy dept and I walked around with the other, then switched. They totally understood and interestingly, picked out close to the same thing! They love it and couldn't wait until Christmas!

I would encourage you to do it, great life lessons.

6. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We'll start this Christmas (so 4.5). I didn't think to introduce the concept at their 4th birthday, but DH did so they got me a birthday present the month after they turned 4. They were so excited to show me the leopard print flip flops they bought me.

7. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Ditto this EXACTLY :) They loved picking out a present for my birthday with DH (not flip flops, but a jewelry box), so we'll have them pick out presents for each other for Christmas.