first bday party rescheduled :(

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christinam, Aug 5, 2011.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

Well we had to reschedule the birthday party. It was supposed to be tomorrow. My DD1 woke up puking this morning. I wasn't going to cancel if she was the only one sick. She got sick a couple times and then just slept all day. DH and I went grocery shopping leaving DD1 and the twins with my in-laws. Well my FIL calls and Allie puked all over them. My poor MIL was covered. We got home and I was holding her and she got me. In the six years I've been a parent I haven't ever been puked on. YUCK! Anyway, that just canceled the party. So we're using lots of lysol wipes, lots of hand washing, and isolation. DD1 is feeling way better now. She has drank water/juice all day, ate crackers, and then some fish crackers. Hopefully Allie will wake up and feel better. I really hope nobody else gets sick either. UGH! The birthday party is rescheduled for next Saturday. We have already bought all the food and drinks. Thankfully we'll just have to buy some buns for sandwiches and some veggies for the veggie tray. Nothing too expensive. We can eat the buns and veggies ourselves so nothing will waste. As I sit here my stomach is a little upset. I'm really hoping it's from the heavy dinner we ate and not me being next on the list.

2. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Aww, that stinks! I'm sorry! :hug: Hope everyone feels better soon!

3. christinam

Thanks I think things are looking good. DD is doing good now. We'll see how Allie feels come morning but so far no puke. The lazy side of me is relieved I dont have to get up early and clean. Lol I didn't get anything done today cause I've been washing puke blankets, towels, and pillows.

4. zanetaya

zanetaya Well-Known Member

Our party is today for our twins and on Tuesday my 6 year old daughter got sick (puking) too. Everyone else has been ok so far so we're a go for tonight! But I was dreading having to cancel.....I pray that everyone gets better in your house!

5. zanetaya

zanetaya Well-Known Member

Wierd question....why does my lilypie say my girls are only 1? I think they are a day older than your twins...what should I do?

6. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Aww, what a bummer to have to reschedule!! :( I wish your little punkins' a speedy recovery.

You have to make a new ticker each time they have a birthday. :good:

7. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

This happened to us too when the girls turned 2. Hope everyone feels better soon

8. christinam

We're lucky. Five kids in five years and this is the first party we've had to cancel.

9. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Bummer! I hope no one else gets sick!

10. Sarah75

Sarah75 Well-Known Member

We had to do that with ours, I had to reschedule it for two weeks later because they both had this fever virus that lasted 5 days each..not fun..but they did have fun when the party happened. Hope your s are feeling better today.