My kiddos are THREE!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by SMax, Jul 14, 2011.

1. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

My kiddos are three years old today! I cannot believe how quickly the time has passed (thankfully...we did NOT enjoy the baby years!).

So, my question has to do with an injury: Last night, DS twisted/stubbed/something to his pinkie toe. I cannot see any signs of redness or bruising. He points directly to the bottom/pad of the toe and says it hurts. I have moved it around the joint, applied pressure at all the joints and he says that only the bottom hurts. He can hobble around, but whines about it and is reluctant to put any pressure on it. He tends to be "more sensitive" and could just be playing it up, but I am uncertain. :unknw:

Anybody have any thoughts? As a backstory, it is something of a joke in our house that the major injuries happen around their birthday. My daughter broke her right leg (a "Toddler's fracture") two days before turning one and then last year, two days after turning two, ended up with a walking boot after a visit to the ER after jumping off our retaining wall! I was just waiting for her to break her arm or something this year, but it looks like DS took the injury with a hurt pinkie toe!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:bday: Molly and Keegan!
    I am sorry about DS's toe injury, I would definitely call the pediatrician and see what they say. I'm not sure if the toe is broken and if there is anything they can do about it but it can't hurt to have it looked at.

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I agree with Nancy. :good:

:bday: to your kiddos!! Three was a great age for us, I hope it's the same for you!

4. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

:bday: Molly and Keegan! My guys are right behind you! ;)

I'd call the ped. It could be just a bruise, and I'm not sure there's much they could do other than tape it off if it *was* broken, but better safe than sorry. :good:

5. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Molly and Keegan!

Sorry to hear about the toe injury. Broken toes usually swell, bruise and most times you can see the deformity. The fact that there are none of those signs, I would be surprised if it were broke. Most of the time all they do for broken toes is tape them together. If it bothers him, you can always do that to give support to the injury. Perhaps he just stubbed it really bad like you said. Did you actually see the injury happen? Could he possibly have a splinter or something small like that that may be hard to see?