When can a second or third (or fourth or fifth) time Mom feel baby's movements?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by momof5, Jun 12, 2011.

1. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

I know this is different with every person and every pregnancy. I am carrying one bean this time and I am 11 weeks. When should I feel movement? About 16 weeks? Thanks! :babyflips:

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That's what I was told - and so far I'm right on schedule. Started feeling the bean about mid week last week (15.5 weeks). It's still pretty intermittent though - and half the time I'm not sure if it's the bean or just gas. :pardon:

If you have an anterior placenta though, you likely won't feel movement until later.

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Yeah, my placenta is anterior and it has been frustrating to say the least. I started to feel him moving at around 16 ish weeks however it was very, very intermittent. Even at 19+ weeks it was so intermittent ( I am talking I may go a week without feeling him) that I thought something was wrong. I had an ultrasound done at 19 weeks and he was turned toward my back so that along with the anterior placenta sent me into panic mode! ( I have paid for 3 ultrasounds on top of what my insurance covered) I had an ultrasound at 29 w and I still didn't feel some small movements it was/is just the bigger movements that I feel. :babyflips: This is my first anterior placenta. I think every pregnancy has taught me something LOL! At last weeks appointment (32 weeks) when the first nurse tried to get his heartbeat with the Doppler she could not ( yep, I panicked) so she got another nurse to come in and that nurse asked me if my placenta was anterior and when I said yes she told me that the muffled heartbeat we were hearing was the best they would get because of his position and my anterior placenta.

Anyway sorry about the anterior placenta rant LOL! With my twins ( babies 4 and 5) I started to feel them very early - it was in my 11 th week that I started to feel little flutters. And by 16-19 weeks it was pretty regular that is why with this little bean I was so paranoid!

4. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

This is my 3rd pregnancy. I started feeling movement at about 14 weeks this time. It was very hit and miss up until 18 weeks when I could count on it. Now I feel movement usually at certain parts of the day: when I wake up, before and after I eat, and of course, when I am resting or go to bed. I get worried if I don't feel anything for a while.

5. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

13 weeks with the twins and this one. I also have anterior placenta.

6. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

I have already had 4 ultrasounds. Would they have been able to see if the placenta was anterior already?

7. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm pretty sure - although they may not mention it unless you specifically ask.

8. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

All of mine were sooooo different! My eldest was at 18wks, my 2nd at 11wks, my 3rd at about 17wks and my twins weren't til almost 20wks!! yes - two of them and they were the latest....