Okay, here I go!

Discussion in 'General' started by becasquared, Jun 8, 2011.

1. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wish I had brought shorts today, but I didn't. So I'm going to walk in dress pants and a t-shirt in 100 degree humid weather. I hope to make it to the Washington Monument today. That's my goal, but I'm bringing a bottled water with me. :)

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Go Bex! I forgot my bottled water yesterday on my walk and was regretting it a lot!

3. becasquared

Yeah, I forgot my water. But I made it or at least close enough.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: Bex! :woman:

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Way to go, Bex! That looks pretty close to me!

6. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

WTG Bex. BTW, its gonna be a hot one tomorrow. Bring some shorts. :slap:

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:bow2: It was a scorcher yesterday and today is even worse!!! :hug:

8. becasquared

Yeah, not walking today. I'm having knee issues :headbang: so I'm trying to space out the walks to every other day.

9. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: Sorry to hear that Bex. :( Though today is good to skip because we'd worry about you. :wub: What's going on with it?

10. becasquared

I don't know. I have "runner's knee" and have had it since I was in high school, so for about 20 years. (Hence no running for me!) So in my right knee, I now have a sharp pain in the front of my knee, where the patella (knee cap) sort of meets with the fibula (small bone). This is new, as of last week, it mostly goes away with advil and when the joint pops (like knuckles pop) it goes away for several hours. So I'm thinking it's just an extension of the original problem, intensified because I'm doing serious walking? So I really just need time to work through it like I did with the original problem.

11. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

i started having the same thing last year so my massage therapist said to get braces for my knees. you can buy them at cvs or something--they really help! i only jog once/twice a week now because i do other things, but those braces sure help on the days i jog.

glad you found some way to work out!

gl, jl

12. becasquared

Just the regular knee braces from CVS/Walgreens? I could totally try that. Thanks!

13. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

yes, i should have said that. just the regular one by ace, i think. there's one w/three velcros, which i don't really like (one hooks right behind the inside of the knee and if it moves the slightest bit it's uncomfortable), and one w/just two hooks--above and below the knee, which is much more comfortable. i never thought such a little thing would make a difference, but it really feels like it's holding my knees together!

gl, jl