Swings for high porches?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by DblStuffOreo, Apr 28, 2011.

1. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

My girls LOVE their infant/toddler swings. My girls (12 Mo.) stay with my parents two days a week and I want to get them swings for my parents' house so they can swing there, too. The problem is my parents back porch has a 15" high ceiling - much higher than any of the ropes sold with the swings at BRU.

Does anyone have any swing brand suggestions or modification suggestions for how to hang a swing from a really high place?

Buying a playset (most I have found are at least couple of hundred dollars) isn't really in my budget right now and the only other place to hang the swings from is a gnarly mesquite tree that doesn't have a single straight, semi-level branch strong enough to support a toddler.

HELP!

2. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Just go to Home Depot or Lowes and ask for help. They sell swingset chains, the bolts and connectors you need.

3. kgar

kgar Well-Known Member

You need longer rope and some I-bolts drilled into the studs of your porch ceiling.

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yep ditto that, you can use chains hanging from the ceiling and the rope swings will hang on the chains.

5. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

you might also be able to hang different lengths of rope/chain from the tree to get a swing level. we had to buy the metal chain extensions for our swingset, easy to do.

6. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I agree with what was already suggested. My boys have the little tikes ones and tey love them. I have a video of them I can post if you are interested in seeing.