When do the hormones get back to normal?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by momof6, Apr 26, 2011.

1. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

The twins are almost 5 months old and it seems that my body is still out of whack. I ran out of my prenatal my vitamins and am finishing off some others I had (very high quality but not prenatal) and I think I may need to get some, but it seems like my hair is coming out more than before. Not in clumps by any means but I lose more when I comb it than before. I just ran out of Omegas and need more of those. Could the hair thing be due to the vitamin change or just hormones. I am getting more sleep but still not interested in sex.. hope that is hormones too and it will even out. I don't remember it being like this with my singletons. I am exclusively breast feeding so it may be some time before I am "normal" again.. or is this my new normal!

2. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

I had hair loss untill like 10 months. As long as you breast feed, don't even think about sex. You can't have both at the same time. If you want you can use gel to make it easier though. I just started feeling normal after I was done with breast feeding at 12 months. At 5 months, your hormones are still out of wack. Hang in there

You still have to take prenatal vitamin seriously plus calcium calcium.

3. sdmommy

sdmommy Well-Known Member

My boys are eight months and my hair is still falling out like crazy. I am still on prenatal vitamins but I think my hormones have mellowed out a bit.

I am still breastfeeding but as far as sex, it's been normal for me for about 4 months. I know everyone is different so just take one day at a time. I had absolutely no interest until 4 months and then it just went back to being normal for me. Hopefully that'll be the case for you too.

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yup, I lost hair until about 7-8 months with the boys and I'm still losing hair with Hannah. I'm still breastfeeding her so that might make a difference but I wouldn't worry about it. I'm still not interested in sex but not sure if thats hormones or 3 kids 18 months apart;)

5. sdmommy

sdmommy Well-Known Member

That's hilarious!!

6. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

Uh, we turned 2 in March and I am still "off". Or that could be from 2 year olds?

7. bellawillawyatt

bellawillawyatt Well-Known Member

hormones go back to normal? who knew LOL

8. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Wanna feel great and boost your sex drive? Hit the gym. You will feel much better. Most of gyms now have daycares. Run 5-10mins on treadmill or do some weight lift of 10 mins in zumba class, will make you feel different...I know we are all super busy. But if we try hard enough, we can find 30mins here and there.

9. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I'm still bf'ing a couple of times a day... but at 11 months I got my cycle back, and soon after lots of things normalized... I think it was about the time that I lost all the hair when I got my cycle back. then my hair didn't fall out much for a while ...