getting sick or just growing?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by bellawillawyatt, Mar 25, 2011.

1. bellawillawyatt

bellawillawyatt Well-Known Member

Willa Grace went to bed last night at 8. Slept til almost 7:30am. Was up til about 10 and went back to sleep and is still sleeping an hour later. Now she normally sleeps about 12 hours at night but her morning nap is usually only about 25 to 30 minutes long. Should I be concerned she is getting sick or is she just having a growth spurt?

2. southernmommy

southernmommy Well-Known Member

Could be a growth spurt or getting sick. :p Has she been eating more? I'll hope for a growth spurt!

My DD and DS just had roseola and they've been sleeping more than normal.

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about it just yet....even my boys, who typically take very short naps (40-60 minutes if I'm lucky!) and sleep 11 hours at night sometimes hit a day where they sleep 12 hours at night and take a 2 hour nap. Sometimes it is that they are sick, and sometimes it's just random and they seem like they need more sleep. I would wait and see what happens over the next day or two.

4. bellawillawyatt

bellawillawyatt Well-Known Member

yes she is eating more. the other day she ate almost a grown up portion of meatloaf and quite a bit of mashed potaotes, slept all night, then last night she had 3 meatballs,(wasn't a fan of the spagetti part lol) and a piece of garlic bread, slept all night. Oh that was just her dinners she ate more during hte day plus had an 8 oz bottle at bedtime each night.

5. southernmommy

southernmommy Well-Known Member

I'll vote growth spurt then!

6. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Kids grow when sleeping. The more they sleep, the better they grow. If she could eat that much I don't think she's sick lol. Dont worry.

7. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Then how are my boys 75th and 90th percentile - they are terrible sleepers! :laughing: Mine must grow when they're awake. :rotflmbo: