Strangest things you've pulled out of your child's nose

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by haleystar, Mar 20, 2011.

1. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

Okay so I fed the kids some pizza for dinner and cut it up into bite size pieces. While they ate I folded the laundry and when they were finished I cleaned off their trays and got Alex ready for his bath and put him down (I bathe them separately because it's faster and less of a struggle but they do love taking them together it's just hard for me by myself). Then I get River into the tub and as I'm leaning him back to get his hair wet I notice a booger so naturally I got it out but then a bigger, stranger, doughy type of booger started coming out. I pulled that out and ANOTHER one followed. I couldn't believe it. The kid shoved TWO wads of pizza dough up his left nostril. I'm surprised he could breath!

2. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

Ha ha, nasty!! :) We have been lucky so far in that neither boy has shoved anything up their nose or ears. Brandon does seem to be enamored with his nose though and is all the time sticking his fingers up it exploring.

My coworker has 3 year old twin boys and a few weeks ago he had to leave work early due to one of the boys shoving a dry bean of some sort into his ear. They took him to the pedi, but he couldn't get it out and referred them to an ENT who attempted to extract it with special tools, but that didn't work either. They had to do surgery to get the darn bean out of his ear! Granted it was a minor surgery but he had to be put under since a toddler would never sit still for such a procedure. Anyway, hearing your story and my coworkers story really makes me nervous about the kind of crazy things our boys are bound to stick up their nose and ears :laughing:

3. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

I know it reminded me of an episode of House where a little boy shoved toy fire trucks and police cars up his nose and they had to be extracted.

4. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Our nephew had a computer screw up his nose when he was a toddler. They have no idea how long it had been there, but he fell and bumped his nose and it started bleeding like CRAZY, so they took him to the doctor, and that's when they found it.

5. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Barbie shoes....both girls. The first one, Sarah, had to be taken to the ER and it cost me $50 (she did it on the weekend). Allison did it about a month later, thank goodness during the week and it only cost me a copay. The shoes went into the trash after that. Don't know why I didn't throw them away after the first time :slap:

6. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Believe it or not a rock at the age of 4! It was in there about a week and just looked like a booger but we finally got her to blow it out

7. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

My kids haven't done that (that I know of), but when I was younger my brother put little rocks/pebbles up his nose. Like 9 of them! I remember being at the pool when he told my Mom he had done it and we had to take him up to the hospital to get them taken out.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

For my kids, nothing yet. But when my DH was 3 or 4, he had to go to the doctor because he stuck a fake pearl in his ear.

9. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

One night at dinner, Jack was making funny funny faces and playing with his nose, so I got suspicious. I gave his nostrils a squeeze and out popped a pomegranate seed! :blink:

10. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I pulled a tiny blue hairtie out of my 2 year old nieces nose!

11. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

I found half a Cheerio in Dani's nose, and Lillie had a piece of ravioli. Both easily came out. When I was in kindergarten, a friend of mine stick a crayon up his nose--not a normal crayon but one of those fat toddler crayons! I've been paranoid about little kids abd crayons my entire life. :D

12. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

I found half a Cheerio in Dani's nose, and Lillie had a piece of ravioli. Both easily came out. When I was in kindergarten, a friend of mine stuck a crayon up his nose--not a normal crayon but one of those fat toddler crayons! I've been paranoid about little kids abd crayons my entire life. :D

13. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

PEAS! Jake went through a phase where I could not give them to him without him sticking them in his nose..

My cousin took her son into the doctor because he kept sticking food up his nose and it was starting to smell :bad: She said that they pulled out a TON of food!

14. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Oh, that is so gross! Ha ha!

15. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Lots of black beans for DD.

16. Carrie+5

Carrie+5 Member

Anson is going through a phase sticking things in his nose for the past several months. I've found a bunch of food mostly recently is was a piece of cheerio and a popcorn seed.