personal question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by liliana, Feb 23, 2011.

1. liliana

liliana Well-Known Member

how do you do your hair removal?
    I just do wax when I go in vacations, and in some parts it's painfull. Many people told me when we are pregnant it's more painfull! Usually I shave, sometimes I use cream, but because the chemicals i avoid to use during the pregnancy.
    I can still shave my legs under my knee, but upper my knee and the bikini zone it's so difficult. I tried do the bikini zone with the help of the mirror but it was impossible, and i cut my self, and I my skin got with so many bumps!
    Since I can go in labor any time, I don't feel so comfortable in all this hair!!!!

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hmm. I shaved but I know what you mean. I believe I trimmed up at the end. I also would have gone to get a wax but taken some Tylenol (I believe was safe during pregnancy but check) beforehand due to the sensitivity that you mentioned.

3. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I did nothing. I was a hairy wildabeast by the time I delivered. And I didn't care!

I know many of my girlfriends got their husbands to help- I just didn't have the patience. ;)

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Ditto! It was just pretty low on my priority list by the end.

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

add me to the list of ladies who just stopped bothering with it. come to think of it, i still haven't really started bothering with it again... :pardon: :laughing:

6. ward

ward Well-Known Member

During my first pregnancy with my son i had my husband trim it up using hair clippers ( electric beard trimmer ) this time around i haven't had him bother with it because its not a big deal at the moment and isn't buggin me just yet even though our OB appointment is tomorrow. With my son i made sure my hubby trimmed me before every doc appointment. lol I was very "anal" about it back then. :girl_devil:

7. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I don't shave my bikini line - and my legs I just generally only shave to right above my knee - I'm a heavier girl so I generally wear capris or bermuda shorts anyway