Is there something about turning ONE that makes babes FEISTY?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by smiley7, Jan 3, 2011.

1. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

Noah and Sophie are turning ONE in just seven days!! I can't believe it. DH and I have noticed a MARKED change in their demeanors these last few days. Noah has become a little boy; he is just zooming around, hard to settle (except at night!!!) and LOUD. Sophie is more needy, demanding, cuddly and VERY aware of everything. God forbid Noah is getting attention, she doesn't like that or needs to be included as well.

I feel as though I have two little people on my hands, instead of babies. That's more than ok with me but it's just an observation that they have changed SOOOO much lately. I'm a little nostalgic for my babies but not so much so that I am ready for another :laughing:

Oh, and how could I forget?? they are eating an absolute TONNE. I mean, I can't get food on their tray fast enough. I figure it's a growth spurt, teeth whatever but man, we're going to poor at this rate :rotflmbo:

Just wanted to know if anyone experienced this change also around the year mark.

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes! They go through a monster stage at their first birthday! :lol: It's like all of a sudden they discover they're independent beings and get so demanding. But, they learn to deal with it and and get more fun every day :)

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yup, I noticed the same thing with my two around their first birthday. It seemed like their personalities changed overnight !

4. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Oh, yes. We are still in that phase!!

5. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

We had this, too. I had never heard of it before mine two turned into monsters overnight a few weeks ago.

6. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

OMG, thank god I am not alone :) They get better, RIGHT???

Christy, I just noticed your babes are ONE today!!! :birthday: :birthday: and Congrats Mamma! You did it!!!

7. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

My guys actually went through their feisty phase at 2, but they certainly did develop a whole lotta personality when they turned one! And ITA about the eating; my 2 started eating like lumberjacks just after they turned 1 and pretty much haven't stopped!! :lol:

8. Anneke

Anneke Well-Known Member

Mine are also more demanding than a couple of months ago. Playtime on their own is a rarity these days. Sometimes they won't even let me MOVE, they are SO clingy I hope this separation anxiety ends sometime soon. I'm not sure what to do though? DH tells me to ignore them when they cry "for attention". I'm uncomfortable with it, I just feel like they need me and I should be there for them.

As for eating, it's the other way around over here: E&N won't eat as much and as well as they used to. They also want everything pureed, unless it's really yummie. Gosh, when did they learn to throw a fit like that and why oh why did they get my temperament, lol?

My brother and SIL have a daughter about the same age (she is turning 1 at the end of this month) and she would eat anything that's on her way though, so I guess it's pretty normal.