** TS Biggest Loser Competition**

Discussion in 'General' started by AimeeThomp, Dec 28, 2010.

1. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

As the holiday season is coming to an end we know lots of people are trying to get back in shape and lose a few pounds, so this is the perfect time to join a few friends in the WL forum for a biggest loser competition! The game will run from January 2 to February 27. Winners will be announced weekly, as well as one overall winner announced the week of February 28. To join simply add your name and starting weight to this thread and you will be included in the first weigh-in thread on January 9. The overall biggest loser will receive a poster from rantsfrommommyland.com. If you have any questions feel free to post them in this thread, or you can PM me, itsnancycozzi, or ljcrochet.

Good Luck!

:youcandoit:

2 people like this.
  2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Ugh on starting weight. I'm not normally too uptight about that, but is there a way to do starting weights anonymously? Or to just calculate percentages on our own? Either way, sounds good!

1 person likes this.
  3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Also, I'm on vaca the first week of January. Can I slot in the second week?

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Rachael-You can PM me, Aimee (AimeeT) or Lisa (ljcrochet) with your starting weight and we can keep it anonymous for you. What will be posted in the weekly threads will be how much you lost and the percentage. We will just need starting weight to figure out your first week's weight loss and the weight loss at the end of the competition.
    You are more then welcome to start the second week of January! :welcome: aboard!

1 person likes this.
  5. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm going to join in. I'll post a starting weight later in the week. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i'm in! starting weight is 184 lbs.

1 person likes this.
  7. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

YESSSSS!!!! Willing to try it again. :D I will PM you my :bad: starting :bad: weight.

8. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm in. I need to get back on track. I guess this means I will have to get on the scale this week. I have been avoiding it.

9. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm in. I hope to stay in... I've been on WW since March. I fell off the band wagon a longggg time ago. I have yet to quit WW. I can't be a failure there for the 2948601st time! I'll post a starting weight when I step on the scale again.... I need someone, or others, to help me stay on track. Fifteen lbs to go before I see my ob in February! ACK!

2 people like this.
  10. AimeeThomp

I am definitely in, I just don't know when I will be cleared by my doctor to diet again. I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 201.2 :bad: - so horrible!! But I am still losing from the baby, I was at 230 a mere 3 weeks ago. If I go down much between now and January 2 I will post again. All those holiday treats are keeping me from losing much right now.

11. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

i'm in! i weighed 176.4 on monday (i could be off a little;)). thanks for doing this!

~~jl

ps: btw, will we start up the fitness competition, too?:).

12. AimeeThomp

Nancy and I are discussing right now. It would be neat if we could tie in both the fitness and diet into something together, but aren't sure how/if it would work. Anyone have any ideas?

13. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I'm in . :wavey: I'll weigh in in the morning. :bad:

1 person likes this.
  14. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

I'm in. I'll post starting weight on Jan 2nd. There's a lot of eating between now and then. :D

2 people like this.
  15. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

I'm in, but I'm with Rachael, I want the weight kept anonymous :)

I sent Aimee my weight via PM.

I'm excited to have the accountability!!

1 person likes this.
  16. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

i totally understand
    i have NO ideas, lol... but thanks for all the work the mods to do help us!

:), jl

17. KeriU

KeriU Well-Known Member

I'm in and excited, maybe I will be more motivated! Starting weight is 174

18. jen8675309

jen8675309 Well-Known Member

I SO need to do this! I keep making excuses and I need to just get off my a$& and do something!!! :rolleyes:

My starting weight is 188.8- holy catfish!!

19. TwinLove

Thought about it some more and I'll weigh in on Sunday... maybe Monday. I'm going to consume alot of ... ummm... :db: calories :db: tomorrow night, so I'll do it after the weekend. ;)

20. megkc03

:wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:

21. TwinLove

EXACTLY... Now if only I could find a glass big enough for me to jump into! :wub:

2 people like this.
  22. Ange2k25

Ange2k25 Well-Known Member

I'm in but will weigh in on Sunday, my normal WW day. Debating whether or not to post it or pm it, considering I probably have 100 more to lose than most if not all of you. It's been a rough year and the 50 I lost with WW isnt' all back, but close :-(

1 person likes this.
  23. ljcrochet

You can just pm us your starting weight if you don't want to post it, than in the weekly threads put down how much you have lost.

Is anyone interested in a biggest losser participant blinkie?

24. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, the more motivation the better.

25. jen8675309

jen8675309 Well-Known Member

Sure, that would be great!

26. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Okay, starting weight is 188. I weighed in this AM. At first my scale wasn't working correctly and it said 157. That would've been so nice!!!!

1 person likes this.
  27. KeriU

KeriU Well-Known Member

That would be great. thanks!

28. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

I'm in too!!! I've totally fallen off the wagon but I have to get back on!
    I'll weigh in tomorrow and let you know :)

Thanks for doing this ladies!

29. megkc03

Alright. I'll put it out there. Whatever. What do I have to lose? But to lose that number, right?!? LOL!

Last time I stepped on the scale...prior to this weekend... lol... I weighed 215.5. Now-when I go to WW, it's about two lbs lighter. Can I use their scale? :laughing:

30. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I'm upset with myself as well b/c I had lost about 50 lbs. and have gained back over 30 of it. I also have over 100 lbs. to lose, so please don't feel like you're alone. I just PM'ed Aimee my starting weight. If you ever want to buddy up, let me know. I need to do this!!

31. Ange2k25

I definetely could use a buddy!

318.2 as of this morning.

32. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

You are definitely not alone. :hug: :hug:
    According to WW, I should lose between 110 and 130. :nea:

Yes please!!!! :clapping:

1 person likes this.
  33. ljcrochet

I will work on the blinkie tonight.
    I got on the scale before my shower and I was 143.
    I'm a little annoyed with myself since I was 136 last time I weighted myself (mid December).
    [​IMG]

34. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

I'm debating joining in.

My problem is I can't do the fitness/exercise part to help me lose. Not that I don't want to but, last May when I was starting out my new walking program, I injured my foot. Literally ruptured the muscle in the bottom of my foot. Since then we have discovered several large bone spurs in my heels. Large enough that surgery is scheduled for late Jan (due to ins. issues, may end up being early Feb). I don't feel like I can put myself out there to lose. I had cut back on food, portions etc, but couldn't exersize so not much changed. Now I'm dealing with depression among other things, and I know I eat when I'm depressed.

So as much as I want to join, I don't feel like I can give it my all. That would be my reason for debating with myself as to whether or not to even try. I'm hoping you ladies will help me decide if now is the right time to start this. Give me both sides, I need to figure this out in my own mind, but would like input from others who have been there.

35. Ange2k25

This might be the best time to commit to a healthful eating plan and just make your goal to maintain or lose a small amount through all the physical/emotional stress of recovery. That in itself would be a success! Make the focus on things you can do like eating fruit and vegetables, leaner proteins, higher fiber etc. I find that when I am having a hard time with one piece of the health/fitness puzzle, it is helpful to focus on what I can do at that point.

Also, have you ever seen the lady on PBS who does the seated exercises? That may be something you could do modified per your doctor.

1 person likes this.