is there anything that not recalled?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by w101ttd, Dec 14, 2010.

1. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

We got hand down 2 cribs from a local twins mom when I was like 4 months pregnant. Her kids grew out of them and moved in toddler beds. And today I found out that our cribs are in recall list!!! My twins have been sleeping in those for 8 months no prob. But really everthing is recalled: teeth gel, formula, carseat, crib, toys..I really wonder if my kids are really safe around stuffs around the house. And how can we keep up with all recall info?now I have another task in my to do list.

And yeah I have to get 2 new cribs for my babies after work today ***sigh***

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That happened to us too... we had hand me down storkcraft cribs that were recalled TWICE! After the second recall I just bought new cribs instead of ordering new parts. It sucked, because our kids were 8 or 9 months already. But we bought ones that convert into toddler beds, so hopefully we'll get more use out of them. It is crazy how many recalls there are though.. fortunately many of them are just companies being conscientous and recalling for potential hazards rather than because the products have caused injury.

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Can my exhusband be put on the recall list?

4. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

hahahaha!

you could have them sleep in pack n plays while you wait for the new parts. that is what my dd is doing.

5. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

You have to check out this blog post. I think it says it all. Plus, this blogger is a mom of twins, so she's fun to follow anyway :)

http://mompetition.blogspot.com/2010/09/it-could-happen.html?showComment=1285902480479

6. w101ttd

Oh mine were CHILDDesigns. That company was out of business in 2005.our cribs were not in the recall list. But I read 3 deaths and some 8 months old babies got injured.I saw my son was sitting in his crib, pulled on the bars shaked shaked shaked. The crib was vibrating lol but nothing happened. Still I said those cribs gotta go to the fireplace.I don't even want to throw them out to the trash cans. Iam afraid somebody would pick them out and use/sell them. I tried to find a used ones on craigslist. Guess what some ppl actually tried to sell me recall cribs.so I just bought new ones. It really hurt to pay so much money for cribs when my kids are already past 8 months. But I got 4 in 1 cribs. So hopefully they will last longer.

7. w101ttd

Thanks I will tonight when I pump hehe