I need girly gift ideas. I am at a loss!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by megkc03, Nov 29, 2010.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So Annabella will be 18 months old in December. I am not too sure what to get her for Christmas! Or what to put on her list for other family members. The problem being the boys have everything. We have the swingset, picnic table, Kangaroo Climber, sandbox, sand/water table, 50's Diner, Playhouse, Cozy Coupe, ride on toys..... She's just as happy playing with trucks/cars I think. I want girly. I know my sil got her a doll. Maybe a stroller? Everything says 2+. Her birthday will be in June. I was thinking then I would get her a dollhouse-they have one for two year olds.

So-what am I missing? Maybe a chair of some sort. She gets on the couch and starts jumping. Lord knows she could use a chair/beanbag! Space is an issue as well.... And if it's big, dh doesn't want it!

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i think those all sound like great ideas - especially the stroller/doll. my girls started getting into those around 20 months or so. :good:

3. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Definitely, hands down, a stroller. I know Costco and TRU have the combo sets that come with a stroller and high chair and pack n' play. Hannah was sooo into those things at that age.

4. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

tea set, pots and pans set, my girls have the little people fisher price doll house and they have enjoyed it since they were 15 months old.....it has buttons they can push that make noise. toys r us sells some pretty cute lil chairs that have tinkerbell or the disney princesses on them. good luck.

5. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I agree - a stroller would be fun. I thought it would be too early for one too but when we last visited my prents-in-law my DD (16 months at the time) discovered an old stroller from one of the other grandchildren and ran around with that the whole weekend.
    What about a special cuddle blanket (larger than the baby blankets so it will last her some time) just for her in girly colours or a girly design?

6. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

A stroller! DD is getting a doll and accessories for Christmas or her birthday. She loves playing with the one at grandma's.

7. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Doll stroller, doll high chair, and doll cradle. Seriously. Also, how about some of the girley little people sets like the house? If you want something you can hold on to until later, you can get her a doll house.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with the stroller and doll accessories. My DD also loved her shopping cart at that age too.

9. megkc03

Thanks ladies for the ideas!!!

I will definitely look into the strollers, etc. I saw some things at Costco-strollers, etc. And dh and I are going to TRU on Monday. I can't wait!! My sister in law is giving us the little people house, amusement park, circus, bus, and a variety of people and accessories.

I need to clean out their playroom closet before dh freaks!!! I'm in trouble this Christmas! LOL!

10. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

We bought dd a tutu for christmas (we go through a lot of those around here), a beauty set w/ play hairdyer, rollers, curling iron, etc. She loves her toy purses, necklaces, and bracelets.(I buy the big packs of multi-color ones) She also has an adorable lady bug quilted mini-backpack with her name monogrammed on it. Hope that helps!

11. megkc03

Thanks! Do you think 18 months is too early for dress up? Gosh I didn't even think of that! And lord knows my dh won't be keen! HA!

We went to TRU tonight and I got her a doll, stroller, and Little People House. It's PINK! LOL! And crapola, I think my sil is giving us theirs tomorrow... Oh well. I will have to find something else!!! :) And my SIL may be getting her an American Girl Itty Bitty baby...so I could be doing some returns and starting from scratch-again! ACK!

I wanted to get like bottles, etc for the dolls, but dh said she would just chuck them to the floor(she is really good at that....). So I don't know.

12. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

GET the bottles, etc. for the dolls. If she hasn't already she will start role playing any day and they LOVE all that extra little crap to use with their babies. Mine are obsessed with feeding their babies with the bottles and the baby food jar/spoons. Sure, it is a lot to clean up but it is tons of fun for them! :) Also, I don't think it is too young for dress up. Mine are a little older but they love to put on dressy dresses, hats, shoes, etc.

13. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

K was 18 months, maybe even a month or two younger when she started getting into the pretty, "shiny" stuff her mimi would bring her when she'd visit. Since then, she's been hooked on what we call being fabulous! :) She even loves carrying my shopping bags in the mall - so I think it's more a personality thing than an age thing. If you think she'd enjoy dress up stuff go for it. It gives us hours of fun around here!