Power Wheel RIde On toys

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by kmbsonrisa, Nov 26, 2010.

1. kmbsonrisa

kmbsonrisa Well-Known Member

Hey all! Our boys just turned 2 Oct. 6th so I am new to this toddler forum. For Christmas we really want to get them a power wheel ride on toy because we really think they would love it. They have a little Thomas ride on train that they got for their bday and they love it! We think it would be great to have one for outside too! I have been reading reviews on the Jeep one (WalMart has it on sale for only $88) so we would just get 2 but the reviews are awful and say how it barely has any power. The John Deer one for $320 has decent reviews but most are saying it is way overpriced and when you try and seat 2 kids there is not a lot of room. Some are expensive and although we dont mind spending the money, I dont want to get just one year use out of it. I am curious if anybody has purchased similar items and if so, which one(s). I guess we cant decide if we should get 2 so they dont fight over driving or get a nice, big one that seats 2. I would love to hear from any power wheel ride on owners :)

Thanks!

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

We had the little four wheelers at 2 and bought jeeps when they turned 4. The little four wheelers were dora and Diego and on seater. The jeeps are bigger with 2 seats. Im not sure a 2 year old could operate the jeep because jessy had problems at first holding the peddle down and steering. On the four wheelers it's just a power button on the handle therefore easier to operate. The fourwheelers are also easy to pick up and carry. Ours were by fisher price.

3. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

We bought the girls two Barbie power wheels quads and they were great! As a matter of fact they are still going strong and if it weren't for the girls being too heavy for them they would still be riding them. We've had them since they were two.

4. jdio33

jdio33 Well-Known Member

We got our boys a Ford F150 power wheels for their 2nd b-day. They loved it (although it took a long while for them to be able to steer). It's still going strong now and they still drive it everytime they go outside. It's even better now b/c I don't have to walk along side it! :rolleyes: They are very tall for their age and still fit very well in it. It was worth the money

5. kmbsonrisa

Did you buy one or two of them? I notice it is a one seater

6. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

We got this one, too, for our oldest.

Here's a link- you must have been looking at a different one. The one in the pic is the one we got, but it looks like there might be a newer version that looks a little different...

It's a two-seater, and they fit very comfortably. He is tall, but couldn't get the hang of the pedal until he was probably around 2.5 - but now he's great with it. I researched alot, and got this one for $250, I think...

Our twins fight over who gets to ride with their older brother, so I think in the future it may be a little hard to have only one, but they'll just have to learn to take turns like everything else. :)

My almost two-year-olds love the radio - that's probably their favorite part.

7. kmbsonrisa

OK, great thanks :) We ended up buying them their own one seater F150 truck. deciding factor... we were at the grocery store and they were sitting in the grocery cart with the attached car and they were fighting over the steering wheel. We decided it would be best to get them one of their own. Thanks for your input :)

8. pinkpoonani

pinkpoonani Active Member

Kmbsonrisa-- my boys turned 2 the same day as yours! What a funny Coincidence. Lemme know how the trucks work out for you, I imagine we are in the same boat on a lot of things!