Christmas gifts

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by atinar, Nov 23, 2010.

1. atinar

atinar Well-Known Member

Hi Mums,

I really wonder what to bring my boys gifts for christmas. They have already lots of toys and books so I wonder what would make them really happy. They are fond of cars so I think maybe a train won't be a bad idea but still need to find other ideas.

I appreciate any relevant advice if your kids are in the same age or older than my boys.

Thanks a bunch.

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wonder the same thing every year! Last year we got the kids My pal Scout & Violet, play kitchen, art easel, Yo Gabba Gabba tent, blocks, wood tool set, Mr. Potato Head
    This year...we got them each a movie and Toy Story movie to share, stuffed Snoopy, dollhouse (for DD), Alfie robot (for DS), talking Buzz Lightyear (for DD), Phillies PJ (for DS), and Snoopy figurine (for DD). I think whatever you wind up getting, your boys will love it.

3. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I found some little tikes trucks that have handles that are easy for the babies to push around. Also, the Chuck and Friends trucks are sturdy/big enough for babies this age. We bought a school bus climber as their big gift.

4. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

They make Thomas Early Engineer trains that are a bit chunkier and easier to grip for younger children (the normal Thomas trains are rated 2 years and up). They might love some of those trains! Be careful though, or you might start a train obsession! ;)

My boys were 16 months old last Christmas, and we got them the Pottery Barn Anywhere chairs. They are a little pricey, but they use them like crazy! Even if they're not sitting in them, they're climbing over them, making forts, upending them and sliding down them, etc. They were a good buy.

The ILs got the boys Cozy Coupes and a Kangaroo Climber as well, which were hits.

5. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

We bought them the little tikes cozy coupes this summer when they were about 17 months (on sale) best purshase ever. They play with them daily. Never taken them outside. They roll all over the house in them.

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

An inside or outside climber, the cozy coupes or tricycles, trains and train table, art easel (make sure it's sturdy), a small table and chairs, mega blocks...those are all good ideas that "stand the test of time" meaning they'll be played with longer than just on christmas morning :)

We are getting ours a train table (we have tons of wooden track and trains from my oldest son), my first leaptop laptops for each, fisher price wheelies stand and play race track, and some small things :)

7. atinar

atinar Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Mommies for your great and helpful input and Happy Thanksgiving day :)

8. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I am picking up the Leapfrog fridge magenet toys. We already have some from my first son, but missing pieces and they are starting to show their age. They LOVE them, so I am just going to replace them for them, and of course some PJ's and simple stocking stuffers.

9. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

The cozy coupes were the best gifts last year when ours were 20 months! yep we roll them in the house too! they also got dolls that were good (even for boys!).