What's going on!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Eribour, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Eribour

Eribour Well-Known Member

My babies are four months old (well will be this upcoming week). Gavin was sleeping will 4:00-5:00 most nights w/o eating. Now all of a sudden he is waking at 2:00 like clock work. I've tried pushing him off but he screams and I don't want to wake the whole house. Not just that, he was sleeping until 7:00-7:30 after that late feeding and bow he is up at 6:00 every morning. At first I blamed it on the time change but our daytime routines are the same. Any idea what's up all of a sudden.
    Oh he is a moose. He is 17lbs and takes 6 oz every four hours during the day. I did start cutting back at night, only giving him 5 oz (started three days ago).

2. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Are you cutting out those ounces, or shifting them to the daytime bottles? It may help to feed him more during the day so he is getting the same number of ounces, just during the day rather than at night.

3. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

He might go through another growing spurt.if so, then just give him bottles, it won't last long

You can add extra oz in his day bottles see if he stops waking up at night.and if he's still always hunger. Then you should talk to his pedi about introducing solid.

4. HorseyLover

HorseyLover Well-Known Member

I agree - maybe try increasing his ounces during the day. Or, it just could be a phase. Don't panic! I know I used to - I would think - "Oh, no, what's happening? Why are they waking like this?" But, it may last for a few weeks, and then stop. Sam had started waking in the middle of the night, and he wasn't even hungry. I would hold him and cuddle until he fell asleep. Then, after a little while, he stopped waking.

I agree - maybe try increasing his ounces during the day. Or, it just could be a phase. Don't panic! I know I used to - I would think - "Oh, no, what's happening? Why are they waking like this?" But, it may last for a few weeks, and then stop. Sam had started waking in the middle of the night, and he wasn't even hungry. I would hold him and cuddle until he fell asleep. Then, after a little while, he stopped waking.