Where can I get a decent priced twin bed! OMG they are so expensive..

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by siobhan, Nov 3, 2010.

1. siobhan

siobhan Well-Known Member

Right now my girls are in toddler beds $100 for each one.. I have looked everywhere from Craigslist to ebay, they are going for around 400 to 500, plus you have to buy a mattress!! crazy>>
    Can anyone suggest a store where they are resonably priced..

Thanks Girls...

2. EricaM

EricaM Well-Known Member

Why not just buy a headboard? Much cheaper than a full bed, and then just buy a cheap frame for the mattress ($30)

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I agree with the frame and headboard idea... but I really hate most beds anyway because I ALWAYS end up getting hurt by the corners at the foot of it! Heck you don't even need a headboard really. Get a mattress, boxspring and a $30 frame and you're good to go.

4. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

It's much easier to learn how to make your own bed when there is no footboard. I plan on just getting a mattress, box springs, and a bed frame.

When I was growing up, I had a bed with drawers underneath, a headboard, and a footboard. One side was always set against a wall. It was just awful to make my bed. I want my boys to be able to do it themselves as early as possible, LOL. Now my oldest son has the top bunk, I even hate making that thing!!!

5. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

Here is a link to a very cheap bed that has great potential...

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20180566

Jysk and Ikea and that type of thing would be where I would first look for cheap furniture. Even if these beds don't last forever, they will do the job for at least a few years...

6. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

http://www.bellemaison23.com/2008/11/diy-headboards.html

here's an idea... you don't even need a headboard. you can paint one on the wall.

great ideas above, about up against the wall or not. good luck!

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with buying a cheap metal frame and a headboard, or look in used/antique furniture stores, you can find old gorgeous headboards for a CHEAP price that you can fix with some sanding and a coat of paint!

8. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

We got bed that can be bunk beds for $150 for the set at Walker Furniture Outlet. I think it had been a floor model but was in new shape. We did have to buy mattress on top of that but the solid wood beds will last forever adn can be set up together or seperate. Do you have any furniture outlets near you. The other thing is to bargain with them. I think the price tag was like $300 on it and my DH talked them down. I couldn't do that I hate it but they say that if you try you get a better deal like 60% of the time. Way worth it. In this ecomony people are way willing to bargain.

9. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

To be honest you really don't even need a headboard if money is tight... We used our old bed for 6 years without one.

10. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Growing up I never had a "bed" or headboard; I just had a box spring, mattress and the frame that was sold with them. :pardon: I don't think I actually had a "real" bed until I was an adult! :lol:

11. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

We got ours at Costco. It was a bunkbed set, but you can also use them unbunked. I think it was $500 for the beds plus $200 for a pair of bunkbed mattresses (just the mattresses, no box springs).

I considered just getting a mattress set and frame, but I personally always bang my legs against the corner of the metal frame (I had my own bed like that for years). So I didn't want to run that risk for the kids. Plus, we happened to find the Costco ones and liked them. If we hadn't found those, I would have just put the mattress set on the floor (without the frame) and waited till I found nice beds on sale (or waited till IKEA opened in Denver!).

12. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator