BABY MOVEMENT - WHEN DO YOU START FEELING THEM

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kallie, Oct 20, 2010.

1. kallie

kallie New Member

I am 17 weeks pregnant with twins and I haven't felt any movement yet. Is this normal? Is it still too early or should I have felt some kicks by now? When do you start feeling the babies move, is it later like 20 weeks? I just want to make sure everything is ok because I don't have my next appointment for a couple of weeeks.

2. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

The twins were my first pregnancy and I say I did not really feel them until 19-20 weeks. My OB told me I was actually probably feeling them but did not know what it was since they were my first. I am sure you are ok, but if you are really worried about it you could always call the doctor.

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

17 weeks is still early. I felt the twins around 18-19 weeks, but they were my 2nd pregnancy. My first pregnancy I felt movement around 21-22 weeks.

4. carrie-

carrie- Well-Known Member

I just looked back at my calendar from last year. I was 20 weeks before I felt a thing, and I remember a lot of other people saying the same thing at the time (on the message board I used to visit regularly). It was Baby A I felt first, just a little tap-tap-tap on the upper part of my bump. I was riding in the car during a 2 hr trip when it happened. Baby B was a week or maybe even 2 later - I never felt her as much, she was much more delicate with her kicks!

The kicks just became a little more frequent and a little harder over time. It was a while after that before my DH could feel anything from the outside.

I remember getting asked CONSTANTLY if I felt any kicks from about 14 weeks on... And I felt like every time I answered "no" I was disappointing people, like I failed them. I started to hate getting asked! But it's a very popular question when you start to show.

5. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

That is totally normal. I always figure 20 weeks for movement. With the twins, I had a placenta on the front of the uterus (tummy side) and therefore I wasn't feeling the movement very much. It started at 20w1d. With my 2nd pregnancy I felt movement starting at about 18 weeks.

6. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i also had an anterior placenta and didn't feel movement until 21 weeks. once i knew what it felt like though, i realized i'd be feeling it for a little while (maybe a week or two), but had thought it was just gas. :laughing:

7. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I think it was around the 20 week mark that I started feeling them. It was really faint for a little while though.

8. lizzbeech

lizzbeech Guest

Same here. It's my 2nd pg and I felt baby B's movement (just shifting inside me) at 16 weeks. But never felt any kicks from either or them until closer to 20 weeks.
    I'm now 22 weeks and feel them constantly! :D

9. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Just a few more weeks and you will be feeling all sorts of movement!! Oh I miss that... :wub:

10. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, it was 18 weeks or so and while I can't remember the date, I remember that I'd driven 45 minutes to work and all the sudden felt the oddest most gentle feeling. :wub: I had a placenta that was anterior as well.

Are you having di/di twins? 2 placentas I would think would give you a better shot of having 1 in front where you can't feel them as much...

11. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I felt my singleton's before the twins. I think I felt my twins about 20 weeks. I believe some of the movement is often hidden or absorbed by the other sac/twin so it can be harder to feel at first depending on their positioning.

12. michelle_m

michelle_m Well-Known Member

I was about 18 weeks. The only reason I knew it wasn't gas was because I felt this light, bubbly feeling in the same spot several times and knew that was unlikely with gas. I'm at 20 weeks and so far, I've really only felt Baby B and only occasionally - the woman who did my anatomy ultrasound the other day was surprised I wasn't feeling more as they are apparently kicking up a storm in there. Another thing - I've noticed I feel them more when I'm not constipated. I'm sure once they get stronger I'll feel them regardless.

You'll probably feel them soon. I could easily have missed mine.

13. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

It doesn't always feel like kicks. When mine first started and still seomtimes it is more like pressure in a certain area. I have ben feeling it since like 14-15 weeks but it is my second pregnany. Even now I rarely feel kicks but just where they both love to push on the sides.

14. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

I didn't feel them until 21 weeks and it was my first pregnancy.

15. aquickworld

aquickworld Well-Known Member

I was almost 19weeks, but know I feel movement all the time. Baby B's placenta is anterior so I don't feel her as much. B :clapping: ut just wait! you will be feeling them very soon :)