Needs Ideas for Christams Gifts for the boys

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by nikki_0724, Oct 19, 2010.

1. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!!

Dylan and Brandon will be 5 in December... Where did the years go???

Anyway we have a birthday December 7th and then of course Christmas. I am at a total loss as to what we should get them.

Each of the kids will be getting a pillow pet. Aside from that I got nothing.

They got new bikes last Easter, we dont have a game system so games are out.

They have a kitchen set and tool sets, tons of cars and outside toys.

Any ideas?

2. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Do they have Legos? My kids absolutely love them and they have so many different sets. My kids also have those Razor type scooters that they love.

3. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I was going to say Legos. Gabe also really likes all the Imaginext stuff as well as the Hot Wheels/Matchbox car sets. A couple other things from his list are Kung Zhu (the zhu zhu pets) and a remote control car.

4. nikki_0724

You we have legos, trio sets and every Imaginext set ever made I think. Also have tons of cars (hotwheels/match box) and their sets that go with them like car washes and stuff like that. They have remote control cars and we got zhu zhu pets for them as a preschool grad gift.

We are starting this year to give each of the boys only 3 gifts.. There is nothing that they really need and the stuff they want is more for spring/summer so we are waiting for Easter. Why does this have to be so hard:(

5. Jill R.

Jill R. Well-Known Member

Are you anti-video games? My kids got Leapsters for their 5th birthday, and they STILL get played. My kids still love their VTech Kidtough digital cameras too. I know it's not very fun to unwrap, but what about zoo or children's museum memberships? New sleds, snowman making kits (you can put one of these together with stuff from Goodwill) or snow block molds to build forts.

I'm in the same boat as you are. Mid-November bdays, then Christmas, and we don't need anything either.

6. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Yeah I bought the girls leapster explorers for the bday. Is it a money issue? Or just anti video games?

7. nikki_0724

Not anti video game but they dont have an interest in them and I cant see paying the money for them to sit around. We have a vsmile for them the regular and hand held and they NEVER touch it. They play xbox with DH from time to time and played Wii when we had it but we had to sell due to Ken being laid off. Its on the list of things we would like to have when hes working again but right now we cant afford it. They each have a camera, they got new sleds last year and they get memberships for their birthdays from their aunts and uncles.

I remember when it was easy to buy things for them... The little one is no easier to shop for either bc he has all his brothers toys.... Maybe all they get this year are pillow pets...lol

8. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

http://www.toystogrowon.com/

That wesite has unique and great toys.

9. LouCee

LouCee Well-Known Member

I got this as one of the boys' gifts - walkie talkies

ETA - omg when I bought them they were only $23!