Funny habits? What makes you laugh?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MarchI, Oct 15, 2010.

1. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

So what do your babies do that make you laugh whenever they do it?

My two have started dancing and I SWEAR they have the white man dance genetically imprinted in them because they make the funniest moves.

They have also started to make each other laugh which makes me laugh.

2. carlylafont

carlylafont Well-Known Member

When my girls say, "ahh mann!" Or when they put their blankets over their head and roam around their room laughing. I always love it when they dance and sing! Or when they both get into the summer sault (sp?) position at the same time on the beach the other day ( funny until I heard some fellow beachgoers laughing out loud, then felt embarrassed).

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh my I love this age so much, everything they do makes us laugh!

Rylee squishes her face up and says "Cheeze" anytime you pull a camera out! I can't ever get a sweet smile picture from her because she makes such a squishy face. She also does that when we say the blessing before meals, squishes her face up, but she folds her hands so sweetly. Liam, however, folds his hands for about 2 seconds then he has to cover his eyes with his hands until we are finished. Cracks me up everytime! He also dances to any kind of music, he's actually pretty good! They both love playing peekaboo and it's so funny when they play with the big kids. Also Liam has discovered when he stomps his feet near our washing machine, he can make it bang/rattle. So anytime he goes through our laundry room into the master bath he has to stomp his feet really hard and make the washer and dryer bang! :lol:

4. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I love that and I am laughing at twin summersaults at the beach.

5. MaKettle

MaKettle Well-Known Member

They imitate my laugh when I am on the phone....

So I'll laugh at something a friend says...then they laugh like I do...which makes me laugh really hard....and whomever I am talking to thinks they are much more funny and entertaining than perhaps they really are.

They also imitate my laugh at mom and me playschool, and it embarrasses me and makes me laugh.

Laura

6. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

my MIL taught the girls downward dog & the warrior pose so now they have to do yoga all the time. it makes me laugh. but i realized the other day that they're actually getting quite good at it so :pardon:

7. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

My Girls love to dance, and they will dance to the strangest things.....commercials, the dial tone on the phone, and sometimes to no music at all. They do something we call "happy feet" where i say do "happy feet" and they stand in place and stomp there feet doing a lil jig. They have just recently taken to spinning in circles until they get dizzy and fall down......very very amusing. They chase each other around the house squeeling at the top of their lungs and eventually they always resrtack to crawling, and I don'know why but that always makes me laugh. They do so many funny things at 18 months it is too hardd to count them all.

8. carlylafont

carlylafont Well-Known Member

Love the yoga poses!

Oh and my husband says, "are you a child?" in a funny voice and they both reply, "yes" with these big smiles.

9. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

Zoe will grab tight onto Jude's hand and run as fast as she can to the other end of the room dragging her like a rag doll (Zoe's run is still a very fast walk luckily.) The funniest thing is that Jude can barely stay with her because she is not quite as fast but also she is laughing sooo hard. Then they want me to say "on your mark, get set, go" so they can do it to the other end. This can go on for several minutes until a wipe-out occurs and mommy makes them stop. :)

We are also stuck on the same color for every color right now. If I ask Jude what color something is, everything is "geeeeeen", if I ask Zoe, everything is "Boooooo."

10. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

for us, everything was "puhpal" for ages! they're finally starting to offer pink or blue sometimes. :laughing:

11. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

I love when they do something that they aren't supposed to and I call them on it, they throw the "evidence" as far from them as possible... like "I don't know what you're talking about woman...I didn't do it..."

12. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

We have the silly faces here - almost like an "eek" type of face where they make their lips in a straight line - hard to describe but they do it for things that they think or funny or if they get in trouble and of course, when I try to take a picture. DS has been nicknamed blowfish by his school because he has started puffing up his chest and holding his breath making his cheeks big - odd. I love it when they wake up in the morning and I hear them in there just a giggling and laughing, after dd has ordered ds to stand up and play! When we are driving down the road it always makes me laugh when they have to say hi and bye to every pumpkin, scarecrow, leaf, big truck, or "orange" school bus. Learning to whisper has been pretty amusing too :)!

13. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I love it when my guys put on DH's or my shoes and try to walk around the house! They also like to drape scarves over their heads and around their shoulders; they either look like little divas or like Charlie Brown is his ghost costume! :lol:

14. two41

two41 Active Member

My favorite thing they are doing right now is dropping to the ground and rolling around or scooting on their back like a little inchworm. It's not even when they are upset. Emily sometimes will be walking along and just drop down, roll over, and start scooting around on her back. Devyn thinks it is so funny so she will walk over to her and try to do the same thing.

And of course the "talking" is so cute right now. Emily is starting to say "daddy", and it is in the sweetest way.

Oh, and how they laugh at each other and chase each other around the room...makes me laugh out loud every time I catch them doing it.