4.5 weeks preg and already showing?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kerala, Oct 4, 2010.

1. kerala

kerala Active Member

SO I am only about 4.5 weeks pregnant and yet I already look like I am about 15 weeks! Has anyone else ahd this? It is really disconcerting and I have no idea how I am going to hide this form anyone... fwiw my twins are almost 14 months old and I did lose most of the weight I gained form that pregnancy. COuld this be twins (GULP)?

2. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

your body did not have time to fully recover from the twins. I was showing very early with this pregnancy too. My OB also told me that it is very common to show much sooner with subsequent pregnancies. I was scared to death that I was having twins again because of early I was showing, but it is just one (thank goodness). Good Luck.

3. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

I second pp ... each pg you show earlier but I'm not sure why you'd be showing so soon at only a month. I started showing probably right before 16 weeks for this one and with my twins it was closer to 20. Twins crossed my mind w/ this pg too but I've also only got one bun in the oven!! Good luck!!!

4. rosenschaf

rosenschaf Well-Known Member

Gosh, I'm glad to hear someone else is showing that early. I seriously looked pregnant at about that time. No twins, either. My OB/GYN thought it was probably because the twins' pregnancy was so recent...

5. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Yes to both of these.

6. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had 3 years between pregnancies and I still started showing right away this time. I was sure it was going to be twins again, but I'm only having one! Other people couldn't tell I was showing so soon b/c I don't wear clothing that is very form fitting, but my regular pants were too uncomfortable and I moved to maternity pants by the time of my 8 week doctor appointment.

7. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I felt like I was showing but I was so bloated/swollen and it went down a little before coming back.

8. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

I bloated like crazy with my subsequent pregnancies.