Gotta double check the car door

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Katheros, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

So during the torrential rain that soaked where I live in Maryland, I took my car to pick up the twins from the bus stop (I usually walk). It was freaking pouring when we got home so I was rushing us and them up to the porch. One of my darling angels didn't shut my car door all the way!! :headbang: This happened Thursday afternoon and I didn't go anywhere until Saturday morning. I almost didn't go anywhere Saturday either because my battery was dead! It took a jump and charged up quickly, I had it checked and it's fine, doesn't need to be replaced. So got lucky there!!

But between Thursday afternoon and Saturday morning, we got another 2-3 inches of rain. IN MY CAR. :headbang: And it's still raining, so I can't even air it out! It smells sooo musty and gross in my car.

I normally do double check them when they shut the doors but it was raining so hard! Lesson learned: me being soaked is way better than a dead battery and the inside of my car being soaked.

2. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

My guys are always forgetting to shut the van door .. you just have to hit the button .. and I don't always check. Luckily we have a busy house and eventually someone notices.

Hopefully you'll get some dry weather and can air the car out !

3. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

My van door has also gotten left open a few times. Now at night before bed I always use the power lock on my key chain. If it beeps I know it's locked and closed if I hear a long beep I know on of the doors was left open. I hope you are going to get nicer weather than we are this week. I heard it's supposed to rain on and off all week in my area of NJ.

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

We're not, it's still raining here! :laughing: They were saying it would rain most of the week, but now I'm hearing it'll be sunny tomorrow.. who knows. I have the Febreeze ready for whenever the sun does come back out!

I'm just going to blame my husband: if he had cleaned out the garage, I could park in there and thus make the rain a non-issue. :cool:

5. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I hope you get some sun tomorrow and get to air out your car.
    Last time my DH used the mini-van without me in the pouring rain, we got a knock on our door from a neighbor at ten o'clock telling us that both van doors were open. He didn't want to close them and have us worried about a leak. DH must have pushed the button for the closed door instead of the open one.

6. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I've had to call AAA not once, but twice, to jump my car in my own garage! :blush: Both times, it was from the girls leaving the lights on over their seats . It's hard to tell they are on when you're driving in the daylight, and then, of course, when we get home and I open my door all the lights would be on regardless. I finally got smart and turned the inside lights off with the main light switch on the dashboard. Kids...*sigh*