Another Birthday party question

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by brandycaviness, Jul 14, 2010.

1. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

This is the first time that the girls are having a "friend" only party. Mattie has insisted on cupcakes, but I am having a hard time determining how many I should order. The party is at a gymnastics place and is only cake & ice cream for 2 hours. Do I include cupcakes for the parents as well? I asked everyone to RSVP but of course that hasn't happened. :headbang:

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I would probably order more than you think you'll need (i.e. enough for the parents too). But I was raised to go WAY overboard for parties for food and drink. IMO, better to have left overs to share enjoy after the party, than to stress about running out during the party.

3. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

I would order enough cupcakes for everyone, especially if you're not providing any other food.

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I'd do for kids & adults... I know I love me some cake too!

5. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

I love cake too and mainly the reason why I asked is because that will be about 60 cupcakes and we have never done cupcakes before.

Thanks guys!

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I would, just because like maybell said...I love me some cake, too :D

7. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

First of all, I would call them to get their RSVP. <_< Man, that irks me!!! Secondly, I would definitely over-order also. Better to have too many than not enough, especially if you are expecting the parents to stick around with their children during the party.

8. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I would get enough for parents too unless they are really expensive. I also might consider bringing in some extra snacks (if the place allows it) -- 2 hours is a long time for little kids to go without something semi-substantive. (For a similar birthday party, we had goldfish, gummy fruits, juice boxes, raw veggies, etc.)

I also had to email at least half the parents in our preschool class to ask if they were coming -- thank goodness for the class email list.

9. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

I hate it went people don't RSVP! :aggressive: SO RUDE!!

However, I would have enough for both parents and kiddos. I, too, go a little over board making sure I have enough food at parties.