Playtex Drop in's?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Sarah75, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Sarah75

Sarah75 Well-Known Member

We are getting ready to travel and someone mentioned to me to try Playtex Drop in's.

If your using them can you tell me how you mix your formula ??

Thanks
    Sarah

2. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

I think you could put the pre-measured formula into ziplock bags unless they have ones already measured that you can buy. Then measure out the right amount of water and see where it fills up to in the drop-ins. So on the plane that is were you would fill the water up to. It isn't exact but it is short term and none of that stuff is exact anyway.

Other trip stuff.... coloured ziplock bags are great to put medication and easy to find. A flash light. I had a solar powered one so no batteries (if they dont' allow batteries on the plane) buy at least two. Great to be able to look into your bags to find stuff Especially if we are talking LONG flights.

Put diapers into a large ziplock, each of their spare p.j.s into ziplock, spare set or clothes for you in a large ziplock, food separate large ziplock, wrap blankets and then tie with a rubber band. This way when you go through security they can easily take things out and so quickly put them back in.

Separate bag for you and dh or other travel companion.

Loved the drop ins BTW ! I could just wipe out the nipple with a wipe instead of using the nasty bathroom.

Heather

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have the formula dispensers like that one, that I premeasure the formula into. 2 canisters gives you 6 bottles worth. Then I half fill my bottle with water, add the formula, and shake like heck! :D Warm water dissolves the formula better. Then I fill in the rest of my water.

So for an 8 oz bottle I put about 4-5 oz of water, add my formula, shake, then fill in the rest of the water to the 8oz line on the liner or bottle.

Or you can put the formula powder right into the bottle and carry it that way, but then you need to take the amount of bottles you need with you.

When I fly I take a whole can of formula, one of the small cans, it takes up less space than several bottles or several canisters.

If you are making big patches of formula you measure out your water, add your powder, and mix it however you would normally mix a big patch.

Approximately 6 oz of water and 4 scoops of formula will make an 8oz bottle. 8oz of water and 4 scoops of formula will make 9-10 oz of formula. Roughly.

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is what I did as well!!

5. Sarah75

Sarah75 Well-Known Member

Two more questions -

1) how many bottles and nipples did you take on the plane...we will be travelling all day so we will have about 3 feeds...does that mean three seperate nipples and bottles ?
    2) what did you wipe the nipples with ??

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

2 bottles, one for each baby. But take extra liners in case one leaks or breaks on you, or if they don't finish their bottle but want an extra one later. You can take 6 nipples if you want, they are very small, and just rinse the used ones out and put them in a seperate ziplock bag. Or you can take a small thing of detergent and wash just 2 of them under running water in the sink in the bathroom so you don't have to take as many. Either way will work. I personally just rinsed them as soon as they were finished and then re-used them.