Guess what? My DS is getting two teeth at 4.5 months

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by smiley7, May 30, 2010.

1. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

OMG!! I looked in my DS's mouth this morning and saw TWO teeth coming through. That explains why he has been a little more cranky at night lately but still he has tolerated this amazingly. I can't believe he's getting teeth, 4.5 months seems kind of early .... university here we come :laughing: Ok, just kidding but man, there are days you think this will never end and them WHAM it all speeds up.

Have a great day ladies,
    Anna

2. lalique

lalique Well-Known Member

My twins are 3.5 months adjusted age (6 months by birth), & they have been showing signs of teething for a few weeks now. I can't see any teeth, but I can feel a few spots on their gums that are swollon.

3. Miss Conception

Miss Conception Well-Known Member

My son got his first tooth at around 5 months. He is now 9.5 months old and has 8 teeth. My daughter just got her first two this month. I expected them to teeth at the same time!

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: for first teeth! They do grow up so fast!

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:wub: my dd got her first tooth at 4.5 months and hasn't slowed down since! :lol: Yay for first teeth!

6. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

Anna, your son sounds like my daugther Olivia. She got both of her bottom teeth just before 5 months! My first son didn't get his first tooth until he was 8 months, so I was completely floored!! Gavin has yet to show us any teeth, but I can't get in his mouth considering his fist is in ALL the time!!!

7. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

That's so true!
    my ds got 2 teeth at 3.5 months. they actually came out on the plane from Oregon to Ma! What a flight! Ugh!
    My dd had 12 teeth by 12 months and at 9.5 y/o her 12 year molars started to come in and had all of her adult teeth! I have teeth growers here too!

8. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

My daughter pushed through her first two bottom teeth at 3.5 months, but then the next ones didn't show up until 7 months.

9. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

YAYEEE!!!! We didn't get ours until 1 year. How fun. :)

10. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

Ha ha.. I looked into Noah's mouth this morning and there are at least 3 more teeth under the gum surface! OMG.... Sophie on the other hand has no sign of anything coming through. Amazing how two children can be SO different in EVERYTHING.

Quick questions, how do you know when to apply OraJel or give Tempura. He seemed extra fussy and hard to settle last night so DH gave him some tempra. It helped. I just don't want to "overdo" giving him meds if I can help it. We have a teething ring in the fridge... any other suggestions?

Thanks

11. carries lads

carries lads Member

Hi my twin boys got their first teeth at 4.5 months within a day of each other and about a week later their second they were gettin them one a week they now have 6 each and theyre getting more again ds 1 was 9 months when his first tooth came thriugh so i was shocked for them to get teeth so young but dont they look sooo cute with a few teeth ahhh!