HELP! One of my girls is getting out of her bed at 9 months!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Double Vision, May 3, 2010.

1. Double Vision

Double Vision Well-Known Member

My girls are 9 months old, they will be 10 months on May 18th. I still have one in a pnp in my room, she has just started to roll over, only has 2 teeth and is very mellow. The other one is walking, has 8 teeth and is really on the go. Well she got out of her bed this morning, we did not here any crying or a thump. After a delay in her normal wake up time, my husband went to check on her and she was playing in the floor in her room, still in her sleep sack, happy as she could be. There are no bumps or bruises, not even any red spots on her head. I am not sure how should could have done this. The mattress is as far down as it will go.

This is freaking me out. My son slept in his bed until he was 2 1/2 years old. She is ONLY 9 MONTHS!
    HELP!

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think you might need a crib tent if she continues to climb out.

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree. Definitely look into a crib tent!

4. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

Yep get that girl a crib tent!! Sorry to say it but I think you are in for it, my oldest walked at 9.5 months and that girl was into everything!!

5. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Is she in a crib or pack-n-play?

Crib tent is one idea, someone also told me they make them for pack-n-plays. I also read a suggestion on here to take a crib and turn it around so the lower side faces the wall and the higher side faces outward.

It would be nice to know how exactly she climbed out. I got rid of the crib bumpers because they were being used like step ladders.

She's definitely way too young to be moved to any kind of big kid bed, so you have to keep her contained.

I've got two highly mobile kids, so I feel you. Shockingly my boys didn't get out of their cribs until like 21 months, but they defeated everything else. LOL!

6. Double Vision

I love the suggestion of turning the bed around. I never thought of that. The bumpers are also still in the bed. I am taking these out tonight. She is in a baby bed, my other is in the pnp. I am a teacher and have 3 weeks of school left. I hope to try this summer to get them both in their beds. That will be my next question in a few weeks.

Thanks for the suggestions. This same baby is going through some MAJOR seperation anexiety. She screams and cries everytime I walk away. She only does this with me, I have to tip toe through the house for her not to see me.

Please say all this will pass.

7. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

I bet it's the crib bumpers! And tomorrow you will find her where she belongs.

8. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

must have been a huge shock for you !!! incredible even with the bumpers.

9. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Could have been just an anomaly. If she continues, I would do a crib tent as well.

10. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

So....was she in her crib (or downstairs cooking breakfast :D)?

11. Double Vision

She was sound asleep in her crib this morning. She slept late and when hubby went to check on her she was still asleep in her crib. No more bumpers and I am going to wait to see if this does this trick before I turn the bed around.

Thanks, yesterday TOTALLY freaked me out!

12. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I turned our crib around when my kids started climbing out & it did buy me some time. Eventually they learned to get out of it that way too, but it took several months, so it's definitely worth a try!