Princess Bday Party Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by nina3, Apr 21, 2010.

1. nina3

nina3 Well-Known Member

What kind of food would you prepare for a home princess birthday party? Any activities you would recommend as well?

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

The girls last birthday was a princess theme. We didn't really have games and such, just a big cookout. But I made a big castle cake for everyone and then I bought the girls each their favorite princess topper which I got off of ebay (Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty) and made them their own individual cake. If I would have had more time, I would have made each little girl a princess, but I ran out of time. Here's a link to a store that sells the signature cake toppers My link..they are super cute.

3. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I would do cupcakes, different color icing with crystal looking sprinkles. I am a huge fan of cupcakes because they are so easy to serve. Food I would serve finger sandwiches and fruit, stuff like that.

4. MeldieB

MeldieB Well-Known Member

My SIL did a princess themed party for her 4yo. She asked all the girls coming to wear their princess dresses. She served PB&J sandwiches cut into heart and star shapes with cookie cutters. She also served strawberry/pineapple/grape shish-kabobs. Cupcakes were pink with white frosting and different colored sugar crystal sprinkles. She put princess rings on top of each cupcake, which also served as a party favor. For the activity, she purchased beads and string, and let each girl make a bracelet. It was a really cute, easy party that didn't cost a lot. The girls all had a lot of fun.

5. nina3

nina3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link! They are really adorable!

6. nina3

nina3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the ideas! Cupcakes and finger sandwiches sound like a great idea!!

7. nina3

nina3 Well-Known Member

Love these ideas!!!! Maybe I'll do a mixture of PB & J and Ham & Cheese sandwiches and make them into stars...love that idea! And a jewelery making craft sounds like so much fun!!!

8. nina3

nina3 Well-Known Member

The party will have a whole mix of people, family, adults and even boys. She wants an all girl party, but we have close friends with boys or siblings of sisters. Is there something I should do for them, especially the boys???

9. baby2hughes

baby2hughes Well-Known Member

never had a princess party yet, but want to when the girls are older...you could make crowns for both the prince and princesses. They could decorate them themselves.

10. Hillybean

Hillybean Well-Known Member

We had a castle cake with Belle and Cinderella mini-dolls on top. For an activity I got a bunch of foam crowns (for the boys) and tiaras for the girls to decorate. They had everything at Michael's and I put the kids names on them with foam letters before they got there to be sure that everyone would get one. They also had a princess pinata.

11. PumpkinPies

PumpkinPies Well-Known Member

We served pink punch (or maybe pink lemonade?) from a punch bowl.
    For party favors, I tied lots of sparkly ribbons to the ends of those giant Pixie Stix. They looked sort of wand-like.

For our non-girly girl, we actually called it a "castle party," and asked the kids to come dressed as a princess, knight or even a dragon. DH set up a maze in the yard and they all chased each other through it.

For crafts, I cut craft foam into the shape of shields, and let them decorate their own. We had some pre-cut crowns, too.

I collected a bunch of stuff that could be made into costumes and just set it in a box on the patio. I had strips of fabric for belts or sashes, lots of netting, homemade skirt/aprons, and pillowcases w/ arm & head holes cut out, that kind of thing.

12. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

We just did a princess party, and I had a craft table set up where girls decorated a pink crown and the boys made a frog. I did the castle cake as well, with the Disney princesses around it.

13. nina3

nina3 Well-Known Member

Love this board! Thanks for the idea!

14. nina3

nina3 Well-Known Member

Thanks! The ideas keep getting better and better!! What a neat idea to have it personalized...I'm definitely going to do that! :)

15. nina3

nina3 Well-Known Member

How neat, I bet it was a lot of fun! I'm getting really excited now, LOL! Pink lemonade sounds awesome.

16. nina3

nina3 Well-Known Member

I like that option of decorating a frog too for the boys. I hope everyone gets dressed up, it'll look so cute for pictures!

17. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

We did princess dress up too. As well as a moon bounce

18. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

You could do a cupcake bar. The children could decorate their own cupcakes with sprinkles, candies, etc. You could have pick one color (i.e. pink) and have all different kinds of pink candies for them to choose from. Or you could do pastel colors. Another idea would be to let them decorate sugar cookies cut out like princesses or crowns. They have edible decorating pens that they could use as well as sprinkles, etc.

As for activities they could decorate wands. You just need to wrap satin ribbon around some wooden dowels and then cut out foam shaped stars and hot glue it together at the end of the wand. You could also attach curling ribbon or star garland. The children could color the stars, put stickers on it, use glitter pens, etc. HTH!

19. Jill R.

Jill R. Well-Known Member

Check out http://www.haloheaven.com/ They have tons of princess stuff for SO CHEAP!

20. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I know I have already responded but I will respond again... Maybe a party for the future

Mine was not really Princess, but we did a Magical Tea Party this year. We hit Goodwill and bought a ton of China tea cups for all the little girls, inside I put M&Ms in a white bag with a string and a label on the outside that looked like a tea bag. The girls got to take the cups home at the end. We had a magician as well come for the Magical portion.

I did different kind of sandwiches cut in flowers, bunnies, stars and circles (cut with cookie cutters). You do end up wasting alot of bread though when you do this. I also had fruit, veggies and chips. That was enough food.

For their other favors I hit the dollar store that happened to have magic kits there so each kid got a magic kit.

21. bu2full

bu2full Well-Known Member

My dd made my dh type up all the recipes from a Fancy Nancy book tonight. I put them below.

Sunshine Tea a La Nancy

Place 4 – 6 tea bags in a pitcher and fill with 2 quarts of water.

Cover Pitcher, place outside in sun for 3-5 hours (keep it in sun).

Refrigerate. Serve with a little sugar and orange juice.

Extra Fancy Fuchsia Lemonade

Make a can of pink lemonade, add cranberry juice to make it hot pink. Add raspberries or blueberries if you want.

Nancy Nibblers

Spread Cream Cheese on slices of date bread. Put Raisins or banana slices on top. Cut into triangles. Serve open face (looks fancier).

Raspberry Swirls

Remove crust from white bread. Place between 2 pieces of wax paper. Flatten with rolling pin. Spread with raspberry jam (or any flavor you like). Roll into log, Cut into slices.

Lollipop Bouquet

Fill Flowerpot with jelly beans. Stick in Lollipops (all different flavors and sizes). Tape paper petals to lollipops (if you want)

Mademoiselle Clancy’s Honey Dip

Mix a tablespoon of honey into a cup of plain yogurt, sprinkle a little brown sugar on top. Tasty!

Delectable Fruit Kebabs

Put Strawberries, banana slices, grapes, and blueberries on frilly toothpicks. Dip kebabs in the honey dip

NO fancy toothpicks? Stick one end of a toothpick in a mini marshmellow or gum drop.

Jus de Pomme

French for apple juice. (add apple slices for fancy look)

Orange Fizzeroo

2 Cups of OJ into a pitcher. Add Half cup of sparkling water. Add half cup of orange or lemon sherbet.

Strawberries Supreme

Bowl of strawberries, Bowl of whipped Cream, Bowl of sprinkles. Dip a strawberry into whipped cream, then add sprinkles.

Festive Fondue

Bowl of chocolate sauce on a plate, surround with fruit on frilly toothpicks.

Parfait Time

Put Out different flavors of ice cream. Chocolate sauce, whipped cream, banana slices, strawberries, & sprinkles.

Frosted cookies

You can figure this out any way you want.

22. nina3

nina3 Well-Known Member

Sorry haven't been here in a while to check. You guys are the best! I love all of the ideas and will incorporate most of them! Those recipes are awesome too. Thanks again!!!