Asking for prayers for my babes!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Chicklet, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

I posted something in the health concerns forum, but wanted to post here too! The boys ped wants them to go for a sweat test for Cystic fibrosis :( He doesn't think they have it but they've been on puffers, steroids and nebulizer treatments for the past 3 going on 4 months :( The nebulizer treatments seemed to be working, but on Tues they started sounding wheezy again. They don't go until the end of May but I'm having a hard time dealing w this. The only sign they have is the wheeze, everything else seems normal, I've even licked them both to make sure they don't taste salty (another sign of CF) :spy:

Both dh and I have a history of asthma in our families so that makes sense, our oldest dd has asthma too. I can deal w that. I just think that all the prayers we can get will help so if you could keep Tanner and Jace in your thoughts and prayers I'd be forever grateful!!

TIA
    Vicki

2. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

Absolutely, prayers from me. It's my understanding that both parents would have to be a carrier of CF for their child to have it, though. Am I wrong? (So much to learn as a new nurse :FIFblush: )

3. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

OMG, of course you must be stressed, what mother wouldn't be? I have your boys and you in my thoughts and wish you the best of luck.

4. stephsoss

stephsoss Well-Known Member

I'll be praying. Keep us posted!

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: I hope everything turns out okay!

6. Chicklet

Thank you! Yes both parents need to be carriers. That's the other thing that eases my mind a bit as my older girls don't have it!!

7. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

Hugs and prayers! I hope everything is alright! :hug:

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I will definitely keep your family in my prayers :hug:

9. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

:hug: Praying for good reports!

10. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I would agree with this. Both my DH and I had lots of blood drawn before getting pregnant. We did IVF and they screen you for everything under the sun. So I knew we werent carriers. And my DD had a night cough and the Ped brought up CF. And I was able to say-not possible. :) Hang in there. Sounds like allergies or maybe some asthma to me.

11. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Thinking of you and your boys. Sounds like Asthma to mer though.

12. twinletmommy

twinletmommy Well-Known Member

Absolutely I will be think of you and your twins!

Hugs,
    TM

13. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sending some prayers your way!!!! KUP:)

14. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: I'll be keeping you all in my prayers. :hug: :hug:

15. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'll be thinking of you & hoping for the best results! I'm sure they will be fine, but I know it has to be nerve wracking waiting for the tests! :hug:

16. lawilliams77

lawilliams77 Well-Known Member

Will keep you in my thoughts. Hugs.

17. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ditto Tina! :hug: :hug:

18. Chicklet

Again thank you all! Posting it here and in the health forum has helped calm my nerves tremendously!! I feel so much better and if by chance they do end up having it I'm going to have to learn to deal and cope w it. :wub:

19. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

Will pray for you!!!

Btw, does your state not require testing at birth? Virgina requires a whole list of test be ran on each newborn before they leave the hospital and CF is one on the list

20. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

You and your little guys are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: :hug: