What's going in their Easter baskets this year?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Lougood, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Lougood

Lougood Well-Known Member

Just what the title says! :D

I had a whole long list of ideas but now I'm drawing a blank. Figures. I really need to write this stuff down, but it pops into my head at the most random times. So what are your kiddos getting in their baskets?

I'm definitely putting a kite in there, they've been wanting one. I'm not buying a lot of candy, we never do, it just goes to waste or I end up eating it. What else??

1 person likes this.
  2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two are younger then your two but this is their basket so far:
    toothbrushes, Easter egg shaped side walk chalk, little board books, stickers, plastic eggs with pennies in them, a peanut butter egg and a small bag of chocolate eggs. I am thinking about getting them a Super Why DVD...but I am still thinking about that.

3. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I got a ton of stuff in the dollar section at Target: crayons, coloring books, kaleidescopes, play doh, little books, sun glasses. They'll also get a chocolate bunny and we'll dye eggs. My girls are a little younger than yours though, so they may not be as tickled by all that stuff as mine will be.

ETA: I also got them each a $5 DVD.

4. Lougood

Lougood Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies! You reminded me of one of the things I was going to put in their baskets...dvds! Toy Story and Toy Story 2 are being rereleased (this week? next?) and I was going to put one in each basket!

Good ideas on the other stuff too. Probably put a couple books in there and some new chalk. Haven't checked the dollar spot yet, I love that place.

5. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

:wavey: Lou!

I got the girls beach towels from PBK with their names on it. Lauren has Barbie the Mermaid movie (although Alvin the Squekal comes out next week, so i may switch those out). Mattie is getting Mulan DVD. Then these gelly ball things, a chocolate bunny, and maybe a zsu zsu pet. :pardon:

6. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

sunglasses, crayons, markers, eggs with m&m's, eggs with goldfish crackers, books, little tiny strawberry shortcakes with hair to brush, and my mom got them barbies.

7. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

I've been picking stuff up here & there, so my boys' baskets are overflowing! I always go overboard on baskets & stockings :). I did hit Target's Easter stuffers section & got a ton of stuff. Plus, they're getting little baseball mitts, bubbles, a book, a puzzle, & other various goodies. Only 1-2 things of actual candy, since I'm against that anyways will end up eating it myself!

We always hide the plastic eggs in the house (empty) & we're going to hard boil about 32 eggs this year! I'm sure the boys will have a BLAST dying them, which we're going to do after my work Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday.

I love Easter!

8. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

We're doing craft stuff like preschool scissors, crayons, coloring books, and more play-doh (like they need it). And yes, we'll have candy too :).