Leaving Jogging Stroller Outdoors

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by cat mommy, Mar 22, 2010.

1. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

My parents just dropped off their double jogging stroller for me. It's HUGE and taking the wheels off doesn't help. I have no closet space anywhere for it and I can either store it in the middle of the playroom or outside--our house is small and pretty much every other spare inch is allocated. A garage is not an option. And the basement won't work either because it is so heavy that I cannot carry it up and down the steps. Storing it in our cars won't work either.

I'm thinking of storing it outside with a rain cover on it. Has anyone done this in the spring/summer?

2. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

Mine usually stays in the back of my van. I have wanted to elave it outside but I know dh would have a bird because we payed so much for it! I would think if you keep it covered it should be just fine.

3. mnm000

mnm000 Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't leave mine outdoors with the rain cover on. The rain cover is okay, but I don't think it would protect it from the sideways rain, or even just dampness - leading to mildew issues. Between how much I paid for it, and needing it for my survival, I value it too much to let it get stolen or mildewy. Just my 2 cents.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Maybe you could use the cover, but make a conscious choice to bring it in if it looks like rain or is raining so it'll last longer. It's not ideal, but it may save the wear & tear on it. (& avoid mildew... yuck).

5. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

Oh, I should mention that getting stolen is not a concern where we live. I know it can happen anywhere, but it is a very very low risk area for theft of items--everyone leaves bikes and other stuff outside with no problems and people leave their cars outside with the keys in the igntion. So I am willing to take that risk.

6. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Ditto this. I do leave my outdoors fairly often (including overnight, if I forget to put it away), and it's certainly gotten rained on plenty of times. But I wouldn't want it to be getting wet on a regular basis.

If you really have no choice, I guess you could make sure to take the rain cover off when it's sunny, so it will have a chance to dry thoroughly. You will also have issues with fading, though, unless you have somewhere shady to store it.