Your past or present pregnant twin body

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Haydie, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

I just don't know how much longer my body can hold out. I am so sore all the time. My back is in a constant horrible ache. I seriously have to get my husband to massage my back all the time or lay on a back massager for relief.

I am getting painful contractions..ALL...THE...TIME! When they start getting close together I take procardia that the OB prescribed, so I don't have to keep going to L&D for breathen shot. As of my last appt at 29wks my cervix was high, thick & closed, so that is good. These contractions get scary though. I am now to the point I have to take procardia every day. The contractions get to where they are 2-4 min apart and regular. The only thing that stops it / slows them down is the procardia. I can only have one every 8hrs, so if they don't slow down then I do need to go to the hospital.

I'm just complaining because my little 5'1 body is HURTING!
    I just wonder how much more my body can take at this point. It is hard to get out of bed or even move around.

2. sigkap13

sigkap13 Active Member

At 5'1" your poor body probably does ache! Make sure to have all those boys take care of mommy :give_rose:

I'll be 33 weeks on Tuesday and my OB has always said we'll go to 38 weeks. Recently though seeing the toll it's taking she said to shoot for 34 weeks and then maybe 36 weeks. I just want to make it to April at least.

I have my days, and break downs, but we can do this!!

3. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

My OB wants me to make it to 38wks also. I just keep saying let me make it through March and then I can deal with April. lol You are about 2wks ahead of me. I just hurt all the time.

4. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member

I am 35 weeks and my body seems more than done! I have been on complete bedrest for the past 10 weeks, so it's easier on me in a way because obviously I am resting all day. I don't know how twin mamas can be active up until 38 weeks! But at the same time, I am limited in how I can move to get comfortable, because I always have to be laying down. I can hardly sleep at night because my hips and back hurt. I try to look at the bright side -- every day that they bake is 1-2 days less in the NICU. The less time they have to be hospitalized, the easier on them and the easier on me. But lately I just can't wait to have my body back!!

5. julie.pierce

julie.pierce Member

I'm 29 weeks and I am DONE. My doctor scheduled me for an induction / c-section (depending on positioning) for May 10th which would put me at 37 weeks and 3 days. I don't know if I can go that much longer! As of my 27 week u/s each baby was weighing 3 lbs and 2 weeks ahead of their due date. I can't breathe, I can barely walk and getting dressed takes every bit of energy I can find. My daughter is 19 months old and still wants me to pick her up all the time and she climbs on me all day long. I really want to be done but at the same time I am weary about what is in store when we have two infants and a toddler so I'm kind of torn between hoping it's over soon and wanting them to stay in longer!

6. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

:grouphug: I remember how hard it was. I think I actually got used to not being able to walk, be comfortable, or even breathe. Immediately after the boys were born I felt relief. You can do it. It will be over before you know it. I actually miss being pregnant (now that it's over!)

7. Chrissy2010

Chrissy2010 Well-Known Member

Im 18 weeks and scared!

8. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

I'm 28 weeks and although I don't feel "done" quite yet, I know I'm getting there. My DH thinks I'm just milking the whole "twin pregnancy" thing and doesn't really get it. I'm thinking about waking him up to go to the bathroom with me all 6 times I get up a night so he can see that I truly don't get any sleep. I'm getting so large (measuring 35 weeks) that it's hard to move...so I don't feel motivated to do much. Oh and the breathing! I'm an asthmatic so I have trouble breathing a lot anyways (and HELLOOOOOOO springtime allergies to make it worse!).

I do feel sorry for you with your 5'1" build. I'm 5'7" and can only imagine how you feel!

Keep up all the hard work ladies! Just remember that we're all doing something so amazing...and if your DHs give you any grief, tell them what I always tell mine: My body grows humans...what can yours do? That usually shuts him up. :lol:

9. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

I totally understand what you all mean. I am 29 weeks today. I am 5.35 tall. My belly was measured over 35 weeks already. I didnt have any complains until last weekend haha. My boy head is just right next to my stomach. Lately, my stomach got squeezed so hard. Some night, I woke up and it hurt like hell. I know my body is not done yet. And I target for 36 weeks which I still have 7 more weeks.My doc lets me carry them till 37-38 weeks, but it seems forever to me haha. I dont know how I can go for 7 more weeks like this. I feel like my belly runs out of room already. I go to bathroom like 5 times/night, but I can get back to sleep right after. But when I wake up in the morning, my legs are so so tired just like I run marathon at night (because I sleep on my sides even with a pillow bettween my legs). Plus, I breath like a hippo now haha. My mom looked at me and ask "are you ok?" when she was sitting next to me haha

Yeah I got pissed off right away when my husband said "women have been pregnant and had kids for thousand years". Right now, all I care is that I can pass week 30th without any problem hahah. Hang in there. I dont know when its over, but It will over for us!!!!

10. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

OMG I totally know what you mean about night time. Last night I was awake just crying due to my back and contractions walking around, trying to find a good spot & rocking in a chair. I maybe got 3hrs of sleep total. I am so slammed at work for March, so rest is not an option for me right now. I notice the days I stay home in bed all day I feel the best. I just keep setting mini goals for myself. Last night goal was make it to morning w/out going to L&D. Today I feel better and my next goal is make it through my closing at 4:30. Then the week, then March, 34wks & then take it week by week. :)

11. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

I hear ya! My OB wants me to make it to 38wks (May 3rd) I have two little boys 3 & 5 plus I work full time as a real estate broker. I am ready to be done, but then scared of having 4 little boys to.

12. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

I remember feeling miserable with my 2nd preg. I also weighed more than I do now. I am at least 15 lbs lighter than I was full term with the 2nd. I know after my 1st & my 2nd I missed being preg and some of the things that come along with it. Now I remember I don't miss the aches, reflux & heartburn. I need to soak it all in though cause this is the last time.

13. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

I think my husband thinks I am milking the whole twin preg thing to. He is good though and I make him rub me daily. He is like do I get a break and I say no you try gorwing two babies in you. Oh then he starts in on his Army days of being in the field carrying some 30+ sack around soaking weight. I am like blah blah blah try putting 30 lbs in your boobs and tummy!
    I have asthma to, so I totally know how you feel. I get scared sometimes cause I feel like my lungs hurt and I cannot breathe right.

Our bed is up high and I feel like I struggle to get in and out of bed at night, so that stinks. NOw when our lil yorkie gets off the bed I used to get her when she came back, but now I make him do it in the middle of the night. Just to hard for me.

My last appt was 29wks and I measured 38wks. Yikes

14. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

At 29wks I measured 38wks. YIKES

15. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

I felt so comforted reading this thread!!!!! :) Made me feel like I was not alone in this!!!! We'll be 33 weeks this Thursday and my body is starting to feel like it is DONE!!!! I want so badly to appreciate this time being pregnant with our twins, but going to 37-38 weeks sounds like pure torture! The back pain terrible (I'm short too!) and my contractions are starting to pick up again even with 60 mg's of Procardia/day. I'm seriously becoming obsessive with trying to figure out when they'll be here! I do wonder if my body will eventually decide it's ready in a couple of weeks to have these little pumpkins or if we'll have to be induced! We can do this! We can do this!!!!

16. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

I take procardia to well did until last night. I had a very bad allergic reaction to it out of nowhere. Scared me so bad! I have never had a reaction to any meds..ever! My OB says he thinks my body is also starting to think it is full term and done. They might test me to see if I will go into labor in the next few weeks. I know they need to keep cooking for as long as they can and with them being boys one day after that for safety sake. lol

17. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

When the kids were a couple weeks old, and jointly weighed about 10 pounds, DH was holding both--one over each shoulder. Then he started complaining that his back hurt and he asked "is this what it felt like for you." "Nope, I said, don't forget the weight of the two placentae and the fluid." That's when he finally got it.

18. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

One of the reasons I like TS is that I get sort of a time capsul effect for the really hard times of the pregnancy. HERE is my moment of being done. Happily, memories of this time fade and what remains are THIS or most recently, THIS. So take heart- it gets MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better. & vent anytime- we're here.

19. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

Your "Done" post was one of my all time faves ... I still love it! I still cannot believe I made it to 38+5. It sort of makes me queasy thinking back.

To those of you still preggers, the relief is INSTANT the moment those babies are OUT! Hang on!

20. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

thanks! & Amy is right. I was happier hobbling around recovering from a csection than the last couple of months being pregnant. Also, with Orion out of my ribs, I could breathe again.

21. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

OMG your done post was SO FUNNY! I know it was not meant to be, but oh I got a laugh!
    This part right here is what I am struggling with the most right now...."I can't sit down comfortably today, b/c there is so much pressure on one side of my belly as it's very lopsided right now. I can't lay down without having help getting up or getting heartburn."

The pics are adorable!

22. gyzmotwins

gyzmotwins Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear that all you ladies are having a hard time.. it's good to vent, so kudos to this thread... I remember when I was preggo with the twins, I made it to 37 weeks but the frustration and pain are still fresh... I love my twins to death, but I would never want to be pregnant with them ever again! Good luck to all of you, the clock seems to be ticking lowly but reember it wont last forever... if it makes you feel any better, I'm pregnant with 1 and thanks to having twins, 1 baby is a BREEZE compared to twins! I'm 32 weeks pregnant, and thanks to all the training with being pregnant with twins, I'm still excercising and sleeping like a baby. Good luck!

Marta :hug: