16 weeks pregnant and gained 20 lbs already!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Chrissy2010, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Chrissy2010

Chrissy2010 Well-Known Member

Is that normal??

2. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

You're funny! That was ME!

I thought it was fine and I liked it cuz when I had them at 35 weeks, they were six lbs each!

Bad news is, I was 90 lbs over! Ha!

You're fine. I lost a little over 40 of it by the time I left the hospital!

3. Lvdargan

Lvdargan Well-Known Member

Thats great!! A pound a week is ideal for twins, but I found the last few months of pregnancy it was very hard to eat. So towards the end I was so glad I had packed on a few extra pounds in the beginning.
    Good Luck :)

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The more you gain, the more they gain. The bigger they are, the stronger they are. The stronger they are, the more likely they are to not need the NICU & be able to breastfeed. It's a good thing! Congrats!

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If your OB is not concerned I would not worry about it. I really feel that everyone's body gains what they need for that pregnancy, everyone is so different. I think it sounds fine. :) Plus if you have not had any morning sickness you will gain more than someone who did.

6. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

I'm 27w and gained 25lbs so far.I was a bit overweight before pregnant. So my doc is happy with my weight gain.its hard to put up lbs. I don't have any craving for anything.but I eat healthier. My babies are 50 percentile.

7. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

I am 21wks 1dy and have gained 18lbs so far. I gained nothing in the first tri due to having morning sickness, so I have put on 18lbs in just 8wks!!! wowzers!! I think I am gaining about 2 lbs a week steadily right now...

8. jenpoe

jenpoe Well-Known Member

And here I am all concerned because I'm not gaining weight! I went in for an appointment at 14.5 weeks and the doctor told me they wanted me to gain some weight and my weight had not changed at all, in either direction, since the last appointment 4 weeks prior.

Guess we're all a little different! lol. I can't think of things to eat half the time that sound good, so I think that gets in the way of eating as often as I should.

9. Chrissy2010

Chrissy2010 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was thinking that.. With the constipation, heart burn and bloatedness( is that a word?lol) I can see happening..

I wasn't puking with morning sickness. I could eat but everything was disgusting to me. I felt sick all the time. I was worried how Im going to gain all this weight feelign like this.. Well that changed! LOL

10. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Everyone is different. I gained 70lbs with my girls. Amy is right, if you ob isn't concerned, I wouldn't be either. Munch away. :laughing: