I have random questions!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by emp59, Feb 24, 2010.

1. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

First... I am starting yogurt next week and was looking for YoBaby and am not sure where to find it. I assume I can just buy organic plain whole milk yogurt, but I was wondering where people found this. Does everyone use plain too? My sister uses vanilla and I was thinking that plain with fruit puree would probably be better. What do you think?

Also... I am scouring the world for long sleeve sleep sacks. I have two that were hand me downs and now the girls won't sleep in anything else. I have tried two sleepers and even short sleeve sleep sacks, but the only way they sleep their 12 hours is in those ratty long sleeve sleep sacks. I looked at Target, WalMart, JCP, the carter's store and babies r us (I just counted and I have been there 6 times this month. I'm embarrassed!) Where can I find them?!

Finally... Does anyone know the TSA policy for baby food? We are flying to AZ next week and I can't find it. I have the baby food pouches that I want to bring and my mom was saying she thought they wouldn't allow that... I don't know why! Also, can I take filled bottles or do I have to buy a bottle once I get through security?

TIA everyone!

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

1. You can use any kind of whole milk yogurt and either serve it plain or add fruit. We used Yo Baby. But I also bought the vanilla as well and added cereal to it and or fruit.

2. I googled and found this.

3. TSA-tips on traveling with children

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

1) Should be able to find the yo baby stuff at any local grocery store, unless they don't sell it in your area. I use the dannon plain whole fat yogurt and add the fruit/cereal baby jars to it.

2) See Rachel's!

3) Ditto Rachel! :D We just flew in january and unless your airline has specific restrictions, TSA allows any baby food, and prefilled bottles, although the bottles may have to be tested. You can also take juice and water if it's for the babies. But it depends on who you get that's putting you through security. I put all my baby food and the little gerber juice bottles into big ziploc bags so it was easy to take out of the diaper bags, and they didn't even make me take them out. They also didn't ask me to empty the sippy cups and didn't test them either! :unknw:

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh, it just dawned on me, what size sleep sack are you looking for? I have a couple here that my 2 have just outgrown, they are white with yellow, green and blue stars on them, if you want I wouldn't mind selling them to you! :)

5. jromkey

jromkey Well-Known Member

We have the Halo sleepsacks Rachel provided a link for but those are sleeveless - I did a quick Google search and found these and these.

Sorry I can't help with the other questions!

6. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I looked and looked in the refrigerator case at our local Kroger store last week and couldn't find Yo Baby anywhere, or ANY whole fat yogurt for that matter (all kinds of light yogurt though). I finally asked a store clerk who pointed me to the organic food aisle where I was able to find Yo Baby. It's rather expensive and if I could find a tub of Danon whole fat yogurt I would just use that instead! Anyway, if your grocery store has a separate section for organic foods maybe check there for Yo Baby. GL!

7. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

Mine just wear the Carters 0-9 months sleep sacks. They are found at Target, BRU, Walmart, Carters, etc

8. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

I've never been able to find whole milk yogurt at our grocery stores except for Yo Baby so that is what I buy. It is in the same section as the rest of the yogurt at our grocery stores (including Walmart). It is expensive but I figure it is worth the convenience because I know how much they are eating if they finish a whole container.