shopping cart cover questions

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Feb 22, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

i just bought two of these yesterday: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3739308

i know they are fine for single shopping carts or for high chairs at restaurants.
    when i go to costco and use the twin stroller, can i still use this cart cover? or both of them together?
    do i HAVE to purchase a new twin one as well?

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm not sure, I never used one myself. :pardon:

3. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I dont think a single will fit the Costco cart. We have a double and that works just fine.

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't have that one, I have the floppy seat, but there's no way it would fit on a double cart that's bigger than the regular one :) I probably wouldn't buy a double one unless I go to costco weekly with the kids, I'd just wipe the cart down with a wipe if I was really concerned. :)

5. nmnguyen7

nmnguyen7 Well-Known Member

I have those exact cart covers (love them btw) and we use two of them in one cart when using the double cart at Sam's club. It works out well for us. I like using them not only for germ protection of the handle but also because there's padding in the little seat area for their bottoms!

Babies in shopping cart

eta picture of two in shopping cart... Hopefully this will work. First time trying to add pic. And ignore strange look on baby's face on right.. He was not pleased with shopping! Can you tell I woke both of them up from a nap?? :ibiggrin:

6. newtothis

omg they are TOO CUTE! :)
    we've never used a shopping cart yet, lol! so did you just overlap them?

7. nmnguyen7

Haha, thanks!

Yep, just overlap the two of them in the middle. I essentially line up the leg holes of the covers with the leg holes of the cart and then slide the babies in. It works great!

8. newtothis

i think i get it. you use the outside leg hole and kind of scrunch up the middle one, right?

9. nmnguyen7

Sorry, I was a little vague in my previous post! They each use their own leg holes in the covers. I line up the leg holes like they were each going into a single cart. I just scrunch up/overlap the extra material between them where the cart side would have wrapped around (it helps prop them up a little bit, too)!

1 person likes this.
  10. newtothis

you're the best!!! thanks so much!