Wanted to introduce myself =)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by tracilynn, Jan 23, 2010.

1. tracilynn

tracilynn Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been lurking here awhile & really like all the good info & this great bunch of supportive gals so I decided to officially join. I'm 39 (SAHM) mom of 2 to an 11 yr old dd and my little guy just turned 1. I live in Huntsville, AL.

Im feeling great so far. Ive just started to get bad heartburn & reflux and also deal with restless leg (ARGH!) I read Dr Lukes book but I do not follow religiously although I have gained 20 pounds already - YIKES. I eat lots of protein & also do some protein shakes & try to follow a good balanced diet. I take Hydroxy progesterone 17P shots once/per week booty shots due to previous PROM at 35 weeks with my dd. I took them for my last pregnancy too and made it to 38 weeks with him.

My Ob takes twins at 36-37 weeks, she also had twins at 36 weeks. I nursed both my dd & ds and hope to be successful with my twinlies too so I often lurk in the breastfeeding board too. My first mini goal is to make it to 28 weeks then to 32 weeks then every week after that :) Woohoo! guess Ive bored you enough Its so great to be here. I still cant believe I have twins in there!

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wavey: Tracilynn, and welcome to Twinstuff!! Congratulations on your twins. :Clap: :Clap: I hope the heartburn and restless leg go away so that you can enjoy your pregnancy. :hug: We look forward to getting to know you!!

3. Rose Wright

Rose Wright Well-Known Member

Taking lots of Omega 3 gets rid of restless legs for me. Even when I take Benadryl (which also causes it). I take about 6000 mg of the flaxseed Omega 3 supplement every evening, and never have RLS anymore. It's also good to help combat "mommy brain" problems! ;)

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Hi Tracilynn! :wavey: Congratulations on your Twin Pregnancy and Welcome to TS!!

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

congrats on your twins! and :welcome:

6. tracilynn

I eat Flax seed everyday & have for about 3 years now. I grind my own. Maybe I'm not eating enough? You take the oil in a pill?

7. Rose Wright

Rose Wright Well-Known Member

Yes I take the oil in a pill. I see them in most vitamin departments or health food departments. I'm not sure how much Omega 3 is in straight flax, I never take flax except for this time and last time I was pregnant. I would think it would be more concentrated it the oil extract... :shrug:

8. kerina313

kerina313 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Enjoy the time with your twins! :)

9. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS!! and congrats on your twin pregnancy! Enjoy!
    Twinstuff is the best possible place for you to be, your going to love it here!

10. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi and welcome to Twinstuff. :welcome: Congrats on your twins. :Clap:

11. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

Congratulations on expecting twins!!![​IMG] Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy!!
    And [​IMG] to TS, you'll love it here[​IMG]

12. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Active Member

Congratulations! You are in a great place. I have RLS too and I hate it. I haven't heard about the omega 3 but I am going to ask my doctor this week.
    How far along are you? Did you say and I just can't read :)?
    Welcome

13. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome Tracilynn! Congratulations on your twin pregnancy!

14. maeghanalyson

maeghanalyson Active Member

Hi! I'm also in Huntsville Alabama! :) I"m currently 10 weeks and 4 days pregnant with twins. I have two other kids also. :)

15. heathlenore

heathlenore Well-Known Member

It is great to see you on here!! It seems we have a lot in common! I'm just starting 25 wks and I too take the 17 P ahots weekly due to PTL with my first two children. How are you feeling? Any braxton hicks? The heartburn for me had been awful until my peri told me to take a zantac 150 right before I went to bed. Since then I haven't woken up to terrible heartburn attacks but I also have to sleep inclined a bit as well. Looking forward to hearing about your twin journey!

16. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

SO nice to meet you. I also live in AL. I have two boys 5 & 3 and surprise twin boys coming this Spring.

17. tracilynn

We are going to grocery shopping tonight & I will be buying some omega3 oils to try. This RLS is killing me & I know its only gonna get worse!

Wow - Huntsville, so awesome! I saw you are going to Bham for peri appts too!

I feel really good. The only time Im getting braxtons now is if I stand up after sitting for a long time. I notice I start to get more Braxtons closer to shot day then after my shot it quiets things down for awhile. I love my P17 shots :) How far did you get with your other 2? They say P17 doesnt work for twins pregs though but I figured it cant hurt!

Yay - more Al gals. Lots of Alabama gals on here :)

18. heathlenore

heathlenore Well-Known Member

Hi there! Yes, I love my P17 shots too! I can tell that the Braxton Hicks come a little more as I get close to shot day. I had girlfriends during their singleton pregnancies take this shot and it really helped but I too have heard that it does not help as much with twin pregnancies. It surely won't make things worse!! My son was born at 35 1/2 wks and my daughter at 38 wks w/ medication for PTL. I'm just praying that I can stay away from bedrest as long as possible with my two little ones at home. Just hoping that these boys don't try to come way too early. At times I feel like I'm filled with anxiety about them coming too early and forgetting to just enjoy the pregnancy.
    Take care!