Kolcraft Contours Double or Graco Duoglider LX

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Carrie+5, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Carrie+5

Carrie+5 Member

I've been watching craigslist and I can't decide between a Kolcraft Contours double stroller (front to back, can face each other or both forwards/backwards) or the Graco duoglider LX stroller (stadium seating, front to back). I have a double jogging stroller that I've had since my 3 year old was born, but its too wide.

2. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

I have a duoglider and personally feel it is not made as well as the double quattro tour by graco, we definitely wish we had spent a bit more for the quattro quality. I've never had the kolcraft.

3. Pitbullzz

Pitbullzz Well-Known Member

I have the Kolcraft and love it. It was one of the few that could fit the Snugride 30(we got those car seats since we weren't sure what size they were going to be coming out of the NICU. They are rated for smaller babies verss the snugride 32)

Anyways, the Kolcraft is VERY sturdy, but alos has some weight with it. I suggest going to a store and giving them bose a test run.

We did have to buy a 2nd adapter for the car seat(19.99...it came with one).

I fell in love with it because of all the positions you can put it in. They can look or spit at eachother when they get older

4. shlbifish

shlbifish Well-Known Member

have the Kolcraft and so far, love it! Like Pitbullz said, you have to purchase another adaptor for the infant seat, but I found mine on Ebay for cheap and life's been grand since. It is a little on the heavy side, but so are carrying 2 almost 20 lb babies! I also would figure out how it would fit in your car/van. We have a minivan and made sure it had lots of space for the stroller. Now if it just came with an extra seat for my 2 year old, I would be in heaven! I say Kolcraft!!!

5. Pitbullzz

Pitbullzz Well-Known Member

yeah...good call on the fit. We normally take the kids around in her Jetta and it BARELY fits in her truck (and it has a good sized trunk)

6. danabd

danabd Well-Known Member

I have the graco and love it-same two negatives as kolcraft though-BARELY fits in trunk and its heavy to lift-but love how carseats snap in and out, one hand collapse and one hand steer and all the storage it has!

7. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing. Also go to a store and try it out. Burlington Coat Factory usually has a Kolcraft to test. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of having to remove the seat of the Kolcraft in order to fold it.

8. rkokinda

rkokinda Well-Known Member

We love our Kolcraft too! It is big when it's folded, but you seriously can not beat the storage below. We were able to take a diaper bag, bottle bag, cooler bag and a larger thermos of hot water in addition to still having room to stuff coats and blankets on a recent trip. It steers really easily and works great with our graco safeseats. And, it looks good too!

9. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I have the graco and I am not all that impressed with it. Our inlaws bought it for us, I can only fit one infant carrier in it and when they are older the front seat doesn't recline all that much which I also don't like. We are put lots and fornapping the front seat is not ideal. I wish we had the kolcraft one

10. tpowers

tpowers Well-Known Member

I have the Kolcraft and I love it. It is a little heavy but, we checked the weight of a lot of double strollers and it is about the same weight as many. Another thing to consider is what you will be putting it in. I can put mine in the trunk of my Altima. I also like that when my boys don't want to be nice to each other I can put them back to back and nobody gets kicked. The seats recline better than my single which has seats like the Graco. Instead of the back dropping the whole seat moves back.