stubborn teeth!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by eliseypoo7147, Jan 14, 2010.

1. eliseypoo7147

eliseypoo7147 Well-Known Member

My girls have NO teeth, at all. Kaylee has had one tooth just barely peeking through for about a month now, it hasn't pushed out anymore. When should I start worrying about them not having teeth? The ped. said he "made a note of it" and not to worry, but that was at their 6 month check-up. Anyone else have late teethers?

2. rhc0607

rhc0607 Well-Known Member

No teeth for us either. Spencer has a little white showing, but other than that nothing!

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Don't worry, the teeth will come. I know several people (one here on TS) whose babies got teeth really, really late. It's not a problem. As a matter of fact, some people say that it's better for them to get their teeth late, I don't know why, but I have heard that. Think of it this way... how many adults have you ever seen who never had any teeth?

4. eliseypoo7147

LOL! Well I know they will come eventually, I just hope its not when they are like, 2. Okay, maybe a little exagerated, but I'm just worried about trying to feed them less mushy food and they choke because they don't have those little teeth to chew with.

5. aimeemorgan1218

aimeemorgan1218 Well-Known Member

Good news! Macie & Makenna will be 1 next month and they just got their first teeth. Makenna only has one...well its barely broke through. Macie has one on the bottom that is all the way through and one that is starting to appear.

I was so ready for those teeth to come in too. I know how you feel. My nephew's first tooth didn't break through until he was about 14 months.

6. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

My older two daughters each got their first tooth around the age of one. Their teeth have always come in later than normal, but they are perfect. Our pediatric dentist said that it's perfectly normal. I was shocked when one of the twins got a tooth last week. It looks like his other bottom front tooth is about to pop through too. My other twin doesn't have any signs of teeth yet so I suspect he's going to follow the same route as his sisters.

To be honest, I really hope Nick doesn't cut any more teeth for a while. I nurse them and that tooth is killing me.

ETA: My daughter had no problems eating food w/out teeth. They just mashed things with their gums.

7. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Those first front teeth won't be used for chewing anyway & they won't get their molars for quite awhile. Their little gums are hard as rocks & they won't have any trouble chewing whatever food you would like to give them. But I know it's hard not to get impatient waiting for those first pearly whites!

8. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

10 months and still no sign of teeth...except of course, painful teething. UGH

9. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

My boys didn't get their first tooth until 8 months either. Jake had 1 for what felt like forever while Ryan's came in quickly. Thankfully he was an easy teether. Jake has a really hard time when they come in so for him it was a good thing they came later.

10. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

So true.

We didnt get our first teeth until 10 and 11 months :faint:

11. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

We're just turning 8 months...no teeth. However, I think DD is working on one right now...there's a little bit of a corner poking through on the bottom and poor girl has been soooo miserable. She's been a chewy monster since she was 3 months so I thought we'd see one before now, but I guess it's a long process. Don't worry, they'll come in!

12. TennesseeMomma

TennesseeMomma Well-Known Member

My daughter just got her first tooth at 10 months and my son got his first around 9 months....I have heard people say the longer it takes to get your teeth the longer you will have them when you are older! (old wives' tale?)

No worries!! I hear it is hereditary - my MIL said some of her kids did not get teeth until they were 14 months!

13. heather.anne.henderson

heather.anne.henderson Well-Known Member

My DS has 6 teeth and got the first two at 4 months, DD just got her first tooth. I nurse them both and they cant bite you if the are actively nursing!

14. boog9902

boog9902 Well-Known Member

One of my twins has 2 teeth fully through on the bottom and hes working on 3 on top the other little guy doesn't have any they will be 1 this month

15. eliseypoo7147

Thanks for all the responses :) Its nice to know its more common than I thought!

LOL, oh yeah. I forgot that we really only chew with molars. I'm a doofus sometimes. Mom-brain! :p

Kaylee's is like that too! This little corner is just barely coming through, it looks more like a spot on her gums! And she chews on everything- especially her fingers!