How many bottlefeed at 9 months?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by atinar, Jan 7, 2010.

1. atinar

atinar Well-Known Member

Hi Mommies,

Now that my sons are 9 months, the pedi told me to start giving them 4 meals per day.

While at 8 months I used to give them 3 meals per day with 3 bottlefeed, I wonder now that one meal of food is added, whether I should give them only 2 bottlefeed instead of 3.

How many bottlefeed you gave your LOs at 9 months?

Thanks a bunch and by the way Happy New Year to all of you :) .

2. angs241

angs241 Well-Known Member

We are still doing 3 bottles plus an extra sippy of milk, with 3 meals per day.

3. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

At 9 months, we were doing 3 solids meals per day and at least 4-5 bottles per day.

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I never did less than 4 bottles a day with my girls until they were off bottles at 13 months old.

5. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

We do 3 meals and 5 bottles a day. I usually try to sneak a couple ounces in a cup down at mealtimes because they are fascinated with trying to drink from a cup. My bottles are only 4 ounces.

6. LeeandJenn15

LeeandJenn15 Well-Known Member

We do 2 meals and 4 bottles a day, per Pedi's recommendations. I asked about going up to 3 meals, and he said not until after 12 months.

Funny how different doctors can be...

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

We were on 4 bottles, 3 meals, and 2 snacks! They were eating constantly!

8. LsuTwinMama

LsuTwinMama Active Member

We do 3 meals and 4 bottles (about 30 oz total) a day as per their doctor's suggestion. They also get snacks and bits of "adult" food (whatever we're eating)and occasional sippy cups of juice or water.

9. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We only do 2 full meals, and 3 bottles a day (although their afternoon bottle is actually in a sippy cup).

How do you fit 3-4 meals plus bottles in a single day? :lol: I could probably squeeze one more meal in but I don't want to overfeed them either!

10. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Same here!

11. njobe

njobe Well-Known Member

Our boys are 10 months (7 months adjusted) We do 2 full meals (2 to 3 jars each time between teh boys) plus 4 to 5 full bottles, and the bedtime bottle has 2 formula scoops of cereal in it. I didn't ask the pedi, but she and our ECI teachers know what we do and they think that's totally fine. I guess they figure we know what we're doing since we have so many kids! :)

Everyone has their own opinion - esp. doctors, but I think it's really up to mama and babies as to how to handle their feedings. As long as you and them are happy and healthy, you're doing the right thing.

12. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We were doing 3 bottles a day and 2 meals and 2 snacks.