Extremely cloudy urine!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by candi422, Jan 6, 2010.

1. candi422

candi422 Member

I read that your prenatals can cause cloudy urine but everytime I pee its cloudy, and I drink lots of water no soda , and it doesnt feel like a UTI does anyone else have or had this issue? I have 2 daughters 10 and 8 and dont recall this with them..

2. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

I cannot remember about the cloudy urine, but it wouldn't hurt to put a quick call in to your OB & ask them what that means or if there is something you should be doing/eating/drinking differently?
    Good luck!!

3. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

It could be a kidney infection, do you have pain higher up? Definitely get it checked out.

And drink cranberry juice in the meantime.

4. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

You could always call your OB, but FWIW, that was always my first sign of pregnancy with my 3 successful pgs as well as my 2 m/cs. I'm not sure why (I'm sure I should know the patho for this but I don't :)) but it just happens. It stayed cloudy for a while, too, and I never had an infection.

It's definitely worth a call to your OB if you're concerned, though. That's why they're there :)

5. evemomma

evemomma Well-Known Member

You can buy an over-the-counter UTI test at Walgreens/Cvs/Walmart. They're not the pricey and nice to have around! GL!!!!

6. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

I would put in a call to your Dr. just to be safe.

Cloudy urine can be cause by UTIs and protein. Protein can be a sign of preeclampsia- which needs to be followed by a Dr closely. Also if you eat a heavy protein meal (chili, steak, hamburger, etc) it can cause cloudiness---and it goes away.

7. candi422

candi422 Member

Nothing hurts at all..my urine test comes up good everytime I go to the doc and she says its just a symptom, I have been eating real healthy and I have normal blood pressure , thats why I thought it was so strange