Made it to 37 weeks!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Meg_Meg, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Meg_Meg

Meg_Meg Well-Known Member

Despite the various aches and pains, I am giddy with joy :laughing: As of today no more bedrest and no more procardia. Fundal height is 47cm! Estimated weight for Baby A is 7lbs 2oz, heartrate 138. Baby B is 6lbs 14oz, heartrate 144. Both are vertex!! Yep, baby B managed to turn yet again. Fingers crossed they stay put till birth. 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. Pressure is on to pick a date, very tempted but managed to resist this time. NST was excellent. Have I earned bragging rights yet?
    For your viewing pleasure:
    http://community.babycenter.com/pcphoto/1767095/37_weeks
    http://community.babycenter.com/pcphoto/1767115/37_weeks_with_twins

2. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

Good for you! Your babies are so big! My bedrest and meds end tomorrow at 36 weeks. I'm glad that we're both not neurotic like I am! :)

As for me though, I WISH my docs would let me schedule something! Sitting around not knowing when it will happen is killing me!

3. Meg_Meg

Yay for us no more meds!!! :D Honestly if they had asked me yesterday, I would probably have the babies already. I'm sure they'll ask you soon. All along I was told that the babies could come whenever, now they are pulling out the statistics and charts and "professional" opinions. The same question always stops them though, "Is there a medical need for them to be born at this time?" So far the answer has been "No". The waiting around is getting to me too :hug:

4. genagoodrow

genagoodrow Well-Known Member

Wow momma, you certainly have earned bragging rights! Congrats! Love those pictures. You look great.

If all's well, like it sounds, you should be able to wait on scheduling anything. Another couple treads here made the point that twin gestations do best OVERALL if they make it to 38 weeks, but that in otherwise uncomplicated pregnancies, twins do best coming on their own past 38 weeks.

You have already done awesomely getting this far. If you're so inclined, keep going and let your babes choose their own birthday!

Good luck to both you mommas!

PS - Here's the link, thanks to TS member TeamTurner, a healthcare statistician:

http://www.uptodate.com/home/content/topic.do?topicKey=labordel/5122

It's peer reviewed science. Made me happy as a mom that pushed my induction off to 39 weeks. In some ways I wish I had kept waiting. But that's just hindsight.

5. Meg_Meg

Thanks Gena! I do plan to allow them to pick their own day until 39 weeks, baring any unforseen circumstances of course :) after that I'll be reaching in and pulling out ;)

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congrats!!

7. genagoodrow

genagoodrow Well-Known Member

Oh yes, know what you mean. :FIFblush:

8. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:banana: Congrats!!! woohoo!! You look awesome for 37wks! Good job!

9. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

Wow that is so awesome! You have worked hard to get to this point. I am 35 weeks and itching to meet these babes as well! It's so hard to wait. Although I have so much to do (work-wise, that is) before they get here.

10. Momof2wonders

Momof2wonders Well-Known Member

That's wonderful news! Way to go Momma[​IMG]

11. stephsoss

stephsoss Well-Known Member

37 weeks-what a great milestone! Congratulations!!

12. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

:yahoo: Congrats on making it so far..... That is absolutely amazing. As all mommas of twins we know that every week is a blessing and an accomplishment!!!

Keep baking and happy new year