My little ones are doing great and coming soon!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by smiley7, Dec 21, 2009.

1. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I had another BPP today and the babes are doing well. Baby A still has less fluid but they are ok with her levels. My BP came up a little, but i've been on the low side so they are ok with it. My urine protein was 1+ but again b/c my BP is ok they aren't worried. My doc told me that if everything stays stable, he would like to deliver the babes at 36 weeks b/c of baby A's position, she's sort of breech/transverse and he doesn't want me to get into a situation where I go into spontaneous labour. I negotatiated a few extra days so if everything is good with me and the babes, we're looking at a c/s at 36 weeks and 5 days. I think that sounds pretty good. I've had steroid injections early on, so my doc was quite confident they are both well developed and will do fine.

Crazy thing is this is all 2.5-3 weeks away!!! AHHHH and YAY all at the same time.

Anyways, i'm super excited and nervous. I figured you ladies would get it, so i'm posting.

Hugs and happy holidays to all of you!!!

Anna

ps- I just thought of two questions, 1) what did you use as a diaper pail? & 2) what is your must-have list of baby things to bring to the hospital?

2. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great appt! I remember how exciting and scary it was as the delivery date drew closer... My baby A turned right before I delivered. He had been head down all along but in the week before they were born he turned breech. I was a c/s regardless but just letting you know that there's still time... Good luck!

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

1. I got a cheap little garbage pail at Walmart and put it outside and used grocery store bags in it. :good: Much cheaper then the diaper pails. And I only put the poopy diapers outside.

2. I didn't have a must have... well, I guess some dvd's were great to have. Other then that, the hospital provided everything I needed.

I'm glad you will be able to keep them cooking a couple of more weeks. :Clap:

4. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

Congratulations. I know how excited your are! My baby must-haves for the hospital would include going home outfits for the babies, blankets and carseats. The hospital provided everything else we needed. They sent us home with a ton of diapers, formula, vaseline and other things.

Good luck with everything.

5. MsTasha

MsTasha Well-Known Member

Congratulations, these two are my first, but I have heard lotion, socks and chapstick are a few must haves! Best of luck :)

6. evemomma

evemomma Well-Known Member

Hooray for healthy babies!

I also got a fairly cheap diaper pail and put pee-pee diaps in it in the nursery. (We had a diaper genie, but I HATED it). We just used a diaper box outside our kitchen door (in the garage) and recycled grocery plasic bags that we 'double' wrapped all the poopy diapers in. Worked great for us and NO poopy smells in the house. When the box was full, we chucked it and started new!

Chapstick is a definite must have. Also bring shoes that are HUGE since often your feet swell after delivery. For the baby, they give you most everything. You might want to bring a few outfits though, our original 'take home' outfit was too big for my ds!

7. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your little ones coming soon!! :yahoo: How exciting :)

I used the Diaper Genie II, and loved it. I had one in our family room & one upstairs - we changed them every day or every other day depending - but I have never had them be stinky at all (I wrap up dirty diapers w/ the wipes inside them like a little present & secure it with the velcro on the sides so that it is all 'contained') :good: Works GREAT!

As for stuff for the hospital. Besides my necessities, having a sleep mask was key for me! It allowed me to have some decent dark sleep. Also lip balm!!!

Good luck!