Taking twins for 18 mo. wellbaby & vaccines

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ckreh, Dec 21, 2009.

1. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

We are taking Max & Lily for their 18 month wellbaby checkups & their last vaccine until 4 y.o. tomorrow. We are a little late because we couldn't get an appointment with our doctor that fit DH's work schedule. They have had colds since last Wednesday. Lily is just about totally cleared up today except the occasional sneeze, but Max still has a runny nose because he got sick one day after her. I can't remember if they will give them their vaccines with a cold/getting over a cold. I think they did last year, but I'm not sure. I tried calling, but they were so busy today I was on hold for 30 minutes before I hung us. Anyone remember how they handle this? I think they are just scheduled for their last Hep. A vaccine, so it is just one shot.

2. laurenlantz

laurenlantz Well-Known Member

Our pediatrician was okay with giving them vaccines as long as they don't have a fever.

3. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Same here - even with a small fever they got their vaccine. If it's just a runny nose, no worries.

You're sure it's the last check up until 4 though? That sounds odd.

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I've had mine get vaccines during just about every stage of a cold. The only time it would even make me think twice is if they were so sick that they were really miserable -- in which case I probably would just postpone the whole appointment.

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

My ped. has the fever rule as well. :good:

Good luck!! :hug:

6. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

Last vaccine until they are 4, not last wellbaby checkup. Our next one is at 24 months I think, but I will check tomorrow.

7. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

We went to the ped this morning for their well baby visit. It went great, just the end of a cold for both and no ear infections. They did give them their vaccines because they didn't have a temp. Next wellbaby visit is 24 months and next vaccines are at 4 y.o.