One more question about bottles

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by swilhite25, Nov 5, 2009.

1. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

I've heard someone else say this on here before and I have to second this...I never knew I'd spend so much time worrying about feeding schedules, bottles and sleep schedules until I became a Mommy. :)

My lo's take a 7-8 oz. bottle in the am, a 5-6 oz. bottle around 1:30 and a 7-8 oz. bottle before a bed. They are doing great with table foods and drink a lot of water. I've read that they should be taking anywhere from 16-24 ounces of formula a day at this age given the amount of solids they're eating. My question is...did your lo's drop the 3rd bottle and take 2 bottles a day before making the switch to sipppy cups/whole milk at age one or did they continue with 3 bottles a day until that whole milk transition?

*And DD weighs 23 pounds and DS weighs 21 pounds so no one is starving around here! Thanks everyone!

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

No, mine always got 3 bottles and then we just made the transition to 3 sippy cups instead of bottles.

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Mine never dropped any bottles either. When we transitioned to whole milk, we just switched the bottles to Sippy cups cold turkey.

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is what we are doing starting Saturday. We are dropping one bottle a day and replacing it with whole milk. Pray for me the transition is easy!

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine went from three bottles to three sippies at first.

6. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

That's what I wanted to know...thanks ladies! They seem to be perfectly content with the amount of formula they are getting, the table foods and their schedule so I guess we'll keep this up until their birthday (next month...wow! it's next month) and then just switch to whole milk in sippies.

7. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Same here. :good: