Now that they are in toddler beds- she has started sleeping with him!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by E&Msmom, Oct 10, 2009.

1. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Im posting in the 2-4 forum because I think Im the minority when it comes to putting kids in toddler beds.
    My LOs are 19 months and we just made the switch a few weeks ago. They share a room and so far the new beds have been great expecially since Im 8 months pregnant!

The last 3 nights as soon as I tell them goodnight and shut the door DD hops out of bed and runs over and gets in bed with DS (I can see them on video monitor). They arent fighting or playing, they go right to sleep but she's doing this everynight. Did your kids start sleeping together once they were able to roam free?

2. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

i would consider yourself lucky. mine come into MY bed :S still working on THAT little bit of joy.....if they went into ea. other's cribs and didn't wake each other up, i would DEFINITELY let them

3. cricket1

cricket1 Well-Known Member

We did not put my two into beds until they were two. but we put them into the same bed (they were still small enough). but for us this was the first time my little one slept through the night completly (unless he was sleeping with me). I think it is a good thing.

4. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

My two prefer to sleep together but they always have

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Some night he's in her bed, some nights she's in his bed, and some nights they sleep alone. As long as they're sleeping, that's all I care about!!

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Mine don't sleep together, but if they did..this is exactly how I would feel about it.

7. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

I agree with the others.....I think as long as they were sleeping in there room then I wouldn't care!!

8. stacyw

stacyw Well-Known Member

Our boys shared a crib together and when they were about the same age as your LOs space started to run out so we switched them to toddler beds. We bought two beds thinking they would enjoy having their own space, but they still slept together. Now they will be three in a few months and still sleep in the same bed together even though there is another bed in the room.

9. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I think that's really sweet! We haven't even taken the plunge to beds yet, but I am sure mine won't sleep together.

10. gardenmom

gardenmom Member

They sleep alone for most naps, together every night and on top of each other and/or touching each other many nights. It's really funny to see a 29 pound 2 year old boy sleeping on top of a 24 pound 2 year old girl. I am not sure how she can sleep like that. It's just as funny to see them sleeping so close to each other that they are literally wet with sweat when they wake up. I don't like to sleep that close to my husband!

11. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My twins were 2 years 8 months when we moved them into toddler beds. She did then and still does climb into bed with him. It's really sweet.

12. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Yep last night they looked like a little family. Against the wall was DS, then DD then "baby" (the baby doll my dd loves!) We were cracking up watching them sleep :)

13. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Last night, Nolan was in our bed. He's got a horrible cough and I wanted to make sure he had his head elevated. So Liam woke up around 4, I was trying to get him back down when Meghan got up. (She heard him crying). So she climbed into bed with him and they slept just fine...him until 7:30 and she is still sleeping now at 8:30.

14. Username

Username Well-Known Member

I almost called the police the first time my daughter (about 2 1/2 years old) joined her brother (about 5 years old) in bed to sleep. I went to check on them before going to sleep myself and couldn't find her anywhere. I searched her room and the entire house (she is/was a sleep walker)and was really scared she had left the house without me knowing. I then flipped the lights on in his room and found them both asleep in the bottom bunk. Silly mom!!

I'd say go with it if it is working!