Grey's Anatomy

Discussion in 'General' started by brandycaviness, Sep 24, 2009.

1. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

I looked and couldn't find a thread on this, if there is, mods feel free to delete.

But is anyone else as excited as me about tonight????? "clap: :banana: :woohoo: :yahoo:

2. sjohnson813

sjohnson813 Well-Known Member

:Clap: :popcorn:

Me! Me! I can't wait, of course DH is dreading it.

3. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh! I'm excited too! Thanks for posting this . . . I didn't realize that tonight was the night!

4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

EEEEKKKK :yahoo: I'm so excited!! I've already warned my dh and oldest son that they need to stay out of the bedroom and leave me alone for the whole 2 hours. I'm sure I'll have the tissue out as well. I love Greys!

5. threebecamefive

Ohhhhh! I'm excited too! Thanks for posting this . . . I didn't realize that tonight was the night!

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I'm sure it's a tear-jerker, but can't wait!!! :yahoo:

7. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I still have a few hours but some of you are watching right now!! I can't wait!!!!

9. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Did anyone make it through the first 3 minutes with out crying?

10. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

Did I hear wrong? I thought Torres said freckle on left hand? When she went to bedside was holding and looking at right hand????

11. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Brandy, thank you for starting this thread! I was busy at class tonight so I didn't get it started in time!

It was a sad and interesting episode! :cry:
    Poor George.

12. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I didn't think it was as sad as it could have been if we didn't already know the outcome. All summer we've known he wouldn't make it. So it had some sad moments, but nothing too terrible.

It will be interesting to see where they are going with the story.

13. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Wow, last nights episode was great! A real tear jerker as well! Loved when Izzy confronted the women and told her to go live her life because she had one!

14. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I read that before I saw it so I paid attention. She said right hand and went to the right hand.

It was quite a tear jerker. Thought it was a good one. I think this merger may make things pretty interesting.

15. brandycaviness

I agree. I didn't cry until the end when Izzy confronted Alex and he has his meltdown. Then I got a little teary eyed when Mer started.

I don't know how I am going to like this new story line, but we'll see. Also, did you see McSteamy when he opens the door to let Little Grey in? :spiteful: :80: He was SMOKIN'

16. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing. That man has a body to die for.

I think this merger is a good way to bring in new doctors and new storylines. It kind of seemed they had no where to go with the current cast, so this will be interesting to see what develops.

17. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

EXACTLY!! I held it together very well and just got a bit of a tear, but not bad! I really don't like crying before bed :lol:

YOU GOT IT!!! SLURP!!! :p He's super hot!

18. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Yeah, I also didn't get too sad about the whole thing since we knew it was George and he was not going to be on the show.

That's when I started crying too. Up until then, I was fine.

McSteamy is very appropriately named. Very.

19. sjohnson813

sjohnson813 Well-Known Member

Great episode (Dh was so mad it was was 2 hours, he had to watch footall on the little tv in the bedroom). There were no real surprises though, other than the merger.

20. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Did you all watch last night? Does this mean that Katherine Heigel is off the show?

21. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

You know, that's what I was thinking. :( I guess they kept her on so there weren't two deaths and we'd think she's staying? I'm a bit sad over it (well, as sad as one can get for TV stuff :p )

I absolutely loved Grey from her bed, especially when she had to tell Christina to go hug Alex. :lol:

22. threebecamefive

Maybe I'm just being naive, and trying to think positively, but I don't think she's (Katherine Heigle) off the show. My thoughts, after watching last night, was the story line was designed to give her personal time off the show with her newly adopted daughter. I don't know how far out they tape the shows, so I don't know if my thinking is realistic, but that's what I was thinking. Hoping. Even if they are writing her out, I'd think her leaving would have a little more substanence than what we saw last night. Again, hoping. :)

23. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I don't think she will be gone long. A wild theory on my part is that the new doctor that was being mean to her (Charles maybe?) was actually the one who made the mistake and he will wind of making another mistake and it will come out that Izzy didn't do anything wrong. Again, just a wild theory.

I was hoping for some new doctors that I actually liked with that episode. I am not holding out a lot of hope, but I guess it was just an introduction.

Anyone else think Dr. Burke might be coming back? They have brought up his name a lot in the two past episodes.

24. JDMummy

OMG, I truly hope that Burke comes back! I miss the sparing that Christina had with him. Her character just has not been the same. :( My theory was the new doctor was responsible for the kidney thing too. I think Izzy will be back. Plus Alex needs her.

25. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmm, I didn't even think of it that way.

They have Meredith in bed to cover up when she was pregnant, so who knows?

26. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

I don't think Burke will come back because the actor himself was fired for making homophobic comments, and the pr repercussions would not be pretty...imho

I miss old Christina too, she's just so unhappy now. I liked her when she was spunky and borderline b***chy.

I don't know about Izzy, honestly I was kind of glad that she's the one they let go. But they did kind of leave it open for the future.

27. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I think she's on a 6 show hiatus to bond with her new DD. After that, who knows? They may not want her back - she's not acting nice about all this!

I think there will be a "Burke like" replacement - they could put a new actor in that spot....?

28. JDMummy

Yep, Heigl is taking a hiatus. 5 epis. She may not or may not be back. We will see!

I don't know how I feel about someone else OTHER than Isaiah in that role. I always liked him.

29. TwinLove

I liked Isaiah as well but he didn't say very nice things so I doubt he will be back. :pardon:

So why are you all saying that "Izzy" may or may not be back, what did she do/say? :unsure:

30. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

Alex came in and said "Izzy left me".

31. TwinLove

No, I mean, did she do something outside of the show as the real actress (like she's done in the past ;) )

32. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

Hehe, I dunno about that:) But I kind of wish she would leave, I miss the Grey in Grey's Anatomy!

33. brandycaviness

I just watched it and was disappointed. :( I miss the fire that was Christina & Burke. I miss Bailey. I kind of wish Izzy would leave just because she annoys me lately and poor Alex. BTW, Where was McSteamy? I NEED to see more of him. :spiteful:

34. Lynz

Lynz Active Member

I heard both Ellen Pompeo and Katherine Heigl were taking time off for Ellen having her baby and Katherine was for the movie she is making and the baby. I thought I read somewhere that Izzy wasn't going anywhere, what Katherine said.

35. TwinLove

I second that! He is hawt and needs to be on more. :panties: