Hot Flashes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by arkie, Sep 20, 2009.

1. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

Today I was sitting on the couch and over the period of an hour or so I had about 4 hot flashes, where I felt like my cheeks were on fire. Anyone else experience this? Should I be concerned?

2. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Well it happened to me during my twin pregnancy and my most recent pregnancy. It would always happen around early evening supper timeish. My cheeks would just get red and on fire. Sometimes only one cheek would get red. I'm not sure what caused it, but I went on to have three healthy babies.

3. Daffodils

Daffodils Well-Known Member

I've also been getting these...it comes on very suddenly and my whole face gets really hot. I asked the nurses about it when I was in the hospital, and they said as long as it's just hot flashes (not accompanied by anything else more serious, like shortness of breath, etc), that it was normal. It's just one of those lovely things that our bodies do while pregnant. I find that If I'm not already, laying on my left side and taking deep breaths helps me when I get them.

4. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

Thank you for writing it makes me feel so much better- :thanks:

5. kmay

kmay Well-Known Member

YES! I get these a few times a week and they come one strong and never consistently. My whole body feels like it's on fire. It is very uncomfortable. I didn't get these with my DD so it has caught me off guard a bit.

6. bkpjlp

bkpjlp Well-Known Member

I had one. I was swiping my credit card at Target and got so hot that I broke out in a sweat. I mentioned it to my OB but he didn't see anything odd.