Am I the only one with clumsy kids?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cjk2002, Sep 10, 2009.

1. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

My boys are always falling down. They are either tripping over their feet, falling over toys because they are not watching where they are walking or crashing into each other.

Tonight I was putting something away in the freezer and they were in the kitchen with me. I heard a thud and both of them were on the floor crying. I'm guessing they walked/ran into each other. :unknw:

Josh has a good bruise under his eye from falling off backwards on his ride on toy.

Even when I'm sitting on the floor with them I have to be careful because they will trip over my legs.

I could understand if they were playing on the couch or standing on a chair, but falling over their own feet? :unsure:

2. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

No. Mine crash into each other all the time. They also are recently both getting skinned knees, elbows, etc. all the time. Here is today's war wound. Annelise battled a concrete sidewalk and the sidewalk won. :(

Annelise's Owie

3. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

Hannah's not too clumsy because she can only crawl and pull up... but sometimes she does fall. Hailey though just doesn't pay attention. She will walk into walls, furniture, etc. because she likes to turn around and not look where she is going. She trips a lot too.

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Your kids are not alone! :vava: My dd is constantly bumping/hitting/falling/tripping/crashing/etc. into something or someone! :lol: I am hoping she outgrows it or she is going to have a rough road ahead of her!!

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Not at all. Nicholas never seems to pay attention to where he is going. He hits his head constantly throughout the day. Sometimes he starts whining/crying, other times he brushes it off. But-90% of the time, it's the crying-and it gets old pretty quick! If it's a hard bump-I'll console him, etc, otherwise I tell him to brush it off, or yell at the chair, door, wall, fridge, etc("Bad bad bad chair! It worked once-they started laughing-and it stuck!).

Oh-and he trips over my feet as well.

And to think he's more likely to be the athletic one!

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nope you are not alone! Unfortunately for both of my kids, they inherited my tendency to be clumsy. They run into each other, walls, and furniture. Trip over their own feet, overestimate steps (thankfully we are with them to catch them before they fall), clunk heads with each other and us.

7. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

Mason walked right into the counter where the sign in book at daycare is yesterday and bumped his head. Logan flipped a toy bin up and hit beside his eye the day before. I can't count the number of bruises on their legs from walking into, over or falling on toys.

Some days it seems they just can't manage to stand up. They do both trip over us, our feet, legs or hands if in the floor, same with the dog's feet. Add that to the pushing they've started and trying to learn to jump and it's constant bumps and bruises at our house. Luckily they aren't too bothered by most of it. If they do cry it's usually quick and done.

8. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Poor little sweetie!

My guys are always falling over themselves for no apparent reason. The other day Jack tripped and fell face-first into Nate, who was crawling in front of him. They cracked heads and ended up with a pair of goose-eggs. My MIL was all freaked out and asked if I wanted to put ice on them. I had to explain that if I did first aid on them every time they fell down, I'd be playing nurse all day long.

9. sharerc

sharerc Well-Known Member

Mallory tends to be more clumsy than Samantha. But just this weekend Samantha busted it walking on the sidewalk and scraped her forehead. Then the next day she busted her lip TWICE! I think she was just tired from being out of town and off schedule. But Mallory falls all the time and she actually has better physical skills than Samantha. She almost always jumps right back up and keeps going though!